Arc AAA premium not returned...still waiting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeskim

Newly Enlightened
When i ordered my arc aaa premium i was so happy to have it because i've been waiting for so long but i noticed that there was a defect on the tail part. The keyring hole at the very end part where the keyring goes was too thin and could possibly break easily.So i returned it to arc flashlights to get it fixed or maybe exchange it...unfortunately they went out of business the week after i returned it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now im still waiting for my precious flashlight..am i gonna ever get it back??is it just me or is anybody else waiting for theirs too????

TimB

Newly Enlightened
PM on the way to fill you in regarding current events :)

-Tim

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
The keyring hole is like that on all the AAA's. Peter has mentioned that he's never had anyone complain of it breaking yet or at least I've never heard of one breaking.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is thin there as well. I was worried about it wearing through prematurely, so I put the smallest plastic zip-strip through the hole and cut the end off to prevent the keyring from rubbing it too much. It's been many months, and so far, so good.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange, did they tell you to send it back?

I had my ArcAAA quite a while hanging around my neck while caving and there is some stress on it when you are on your belly in crawlways.
I had to change the cord from time to time but absolutely no problem with the keyring whole.
The same was with several other cavers who used it the same way.
The design of the housing is very well though through and relyable.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc AAA premium not returned...still waiting..

The chances of you getting it back are slim.

I don't think your AAA is defective. Although that piece looks very thin, I haven't had it break on any of mine. I think Peter liked having it be so thin because it makes it easier to get a split key ring on and off. I am not aware of any problems because of its size.

Footnote: "Peter" really ought to be exchanged with another party.

mikeskim

Newly Enlightened

well i checked and looked at other pictures with the AAA on the internet and they weren't as thin as mine...maybe some were really made like that and as tough as they are they don't break at all??hmmmm..well fixed or not doesn't matter..i want it back(so bad!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif) ...tough luck!!

E

EchoSierraTwo

I second what IlluminatingBikr said. I would just save up the cash (if you need to) and go look in the B/S/T Section or eBay. Unfortunately you msy pay a slightly higher or EXTREMELY higher price than what its really worth. But at least you'll have one. I personally will wait for when they are below what they originally went for. I too want a few of them GREAT ol'lights But I have some restraint on how much I'm willing to pay for a non-warrantee and almost non-serviceable light. There are plenty of wonderful people on the board that can fix and mod light here so it not really as bad as I am making it seem. But good luck just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.