Kroll vs. SL Jr.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know what you mean by special thresds? Just got my JR today and the kroll has male threads made out of aluminum.

Dave

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just happen to have both the switches in front of me. The Kroll switch fits the SL Jr. but the SL Jr. switch will not fit my Minimags. Go figure that one.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
And let me add this to the confusion. The Minimag tail cap will fit the SL Jr. But doing that means no on and off for the SL Jr.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
This is what I think is happening:

The mini-mag body uses a thread that is tapered, IE the last few threads are not as deeply cut. I think that may be due to using a tap that is tapered. Their tailcaps appear to use standard threads.

The Kroll is plastic and will deform as it hits those threads. The aluminium of the SL Jr tailcap will not.

Daniel

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
My SL switch fits my Minimags and has plastic threading!!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Without the obvious, how do you know it's plastic. I just received my JR today and the threads look to be of some sort of metal composite whether aluminum or something else, I know it is nonmagnetic

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reason I asked in the first place was I saw an ad in a catalogue advertising the Kroll switch with touch pad for use with Jr. and a mount for use on a firearm.