WHO MAKES THE BEST PRODUCTION FLASHLIGHT

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless,if it's LED or incan, who makes the best overall
light, measured by performance, reliabilty, price, (value for tge $$) in your opinion. VDG

DaGeek

Enlightened
I like SureFire, they can be expensive but they're damn good lights.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's a good question that has many answers, especially when you say price is a consoderation as well. I'm afraid I can't narrow it down to just one, but like it or not, in my opinion Maglite gives great quality for a reasonable price, with reasonable output for a light of it's price/availability/durability. As much as people groan about Maglite, it is a great OVERALL production flashlight.
Maybe the question could be answered with this statement: Performance, reliability, and price....pick any two, and you could say many lights would fit the bill.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
"best" depends on your application...

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it like a test, you are going to decide "your" application,and more importantly what would work in "your" chosen app, and also in many other's you could run into. I didn't want to word it like the usual "if you could only have one light" this is the best light for you, and how you use, or possably use a light in a situation ie, "any" application. VDG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, for my uses, I really like the Streamlight TwinTask 2L. The LED setting is fine as is. If the incan had a bit more throw and a bit more total output with a shorter runtime, I'd be even happier. And if the head was a tad more narrow while still offering more throw, that'd be great. Streamlight offers a good lineup of solid lights with good value. They'd probably get my vote for overall best production light maker.

dsl

Newly Enlightened
IMO steramlight bet bang for the $$$$$$ I love the Surefire's but I dont think they are worth twice as much

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Proabably Docry if you divide quality ranking by price ranking and go for the lowest number.... but other then that Pelican.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think that is why CPF has *best* awards for lights etc, because MOST flashaholics cannot do everything with just ONE light nor two lights.... and most likely possibly 3 or more lights.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best quality, Surefire by far.

Best bang for the buck, Pelican M6 LED.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who Makes the Best Production Flashlight

Gosh there are so many. Depends on how you define "best" for me. Best finish? Value? Availability? Customer Support?

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maglite, the Magcharger. Also made in the USA. Surefire makes much nicer lights, but more expensive.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr.Bulk make the best limited production flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened

Best production EDC - TnC Custom has filled the void left in my line up created by Arc's demise.

Best production everything else - Surefire, pricey, but worth every penny.

GL

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
glockboy said:
Mr.Bulk make the best limited production flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif VDG

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire is without doubt the best!
But for the average user and factoring in price I would say Streamlight takes it.