Z52 disassembly?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to try my McE2s switch innards in my stock Surefire tailcap, but I can't figure out how to take the guts out of the stock tailcap. I take the spring and hex screw out, then I'm stuck. Nothing seems loose to remove. Is something loctited?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone did a great write up with pictures awhile back.

mut

Flatscan

Enlightened
A quick note on my experiences of disassembling 2 Z52s.

The first had the 2 internal metal pieces glued together (quick pinch with pliers broke them apart), but no thread-lock on the jam nut. The second was not glued, but the jam nut is locked down. I haven't successfully broken it yet.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flatscan said:

The first had the 2 internal metal pieces glued together (quick pinch with pliers broke them apart), but no thread-lock on the jam nut. The second was not glued, but the jam nut is locked down. I haven't successfully broken it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jam nut can be tricky if you use a regular needle nose...My Craftsman was just too big. I had to use a smaller one (mini) that tapered down to a sharper point.

I like the looks of the Z52 but I picked a 30ohm...wished I had gotten a 22ohm for my L4. Would have liked a little more output on low...oh well maybe I'll order the 22ohm later.

Aloha,
Bill

mullytron

Newly Enlightened
Sweet, I have 2 Z52s that need to be made useful. Is McGizmo the source for the McE2S?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good tool for the lock rings in switches is the $5 snap ring plier from harbor freight. I use it all of the time when assembling McE2S switches.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
A good tool for the lock rings in switches is the $5 snap ring plier from harbor freight. I use it all of the time when assembling McE2S switches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it from a pro to know the best way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif....a snap ring plier that jaws expand when you squeeze the handle gives much more control while turning.

Thanks for the tip Tony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured it out 15 years ago, but now I've forgotten! Maybe I can look at the items again in a day or so and see what my problem was.

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
The inside of z52 is like this.
After you take out the screw, usually the conductive part (the one with the 0-ring ) will just drop out. Then you will see a black plastic ring (white one in the pic), you need a tool to screw it out.
That's it.

2018_Ti-E-Series-08.JPG

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The inside of z52 is like this.
After you take out the screw, usually the conductive part (the one with the 0-ring ) will just drop out. Then you will see a black plastic ring (white one in the pic), you need a tool to screw it out.
Nothing drops out after unscrewing the hex nut. I suspect it got stuck with the retainer ring behind? If so, what should I do?