• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! McGizmo Mod 2 stage L1 2x123 PRT-DB917

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="red"> Reduced! and Money Back Guarantee added </font>

McGizmo built this outstanding light for me last year. It has served me very well in the field on several trips abroad, has been well taken care of, is in perfect operating condition and very good cosmetic condition (see below for chip and ding description).

He took Surefire L1 #A00018 (how's that for a low number?) and drilled it out to accept 2 CR123s instead of just one. He modified the 2 stage L1 tailcap switch to 60ohms resistance to yield two very different levels of output. The Black PR-T head has a Lux III T??K binned emitter driven by a DownBoy 917ma. The emitter is centered perfectly in the Pelican Reflector and the beamspot is as perfect as I've seen. It's very white and very bright.

CAUTION: Don't screw other heads on this modded L1 and this 6v PR-T head is specifically for an L1 modified to this configuration by McGizmo.

Below: Stock SF L1 Green LED on left, McGizmo Super L1 on right:
standard.jpg

CPF's Roy kindly plotted the runtimes on high and low outputs. On low, it runs for 31 hours to 50% of starting brightness:

LOW Plot A
LOW Plot B

On high output, it ran to 50% of maximum brightness in 1 hour and 11 minutes. Look at that perfect plateau of regulation, as it declines over the next hour you have plenty of light to get you through a task and back to your spares.

HIGH plot

I was one of the 25 odd lucky ones that McGizmo made stand-up rings out of Delrin that replace the lock ring on the outside of the tailcap and allows the light to be stood up on its tail. I still have the other ring and they can be swapped in seconds. I'll include it with the light.
Below: Standup Tailring:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It's not shown, but I have a brand new SF Z60 lanyard and ring that I installed. It's the SF Lanyard/ring for the L1, L2 and A2. The cord is grey and the hardware is black.

The HAIII Natural anodizing on this light is a handsome grey. The Delrin TC ring is black which offsets the Black HAIII PR-T head.

This light is in very good to excellent cosmetic condition. Mainly because I carried it in a very sturdy, custom made and fitted leather holster.

The bezel has a chip, a couple of scratches, and minor nicks, dings and rubs, the body has much less and they aren't very noticeable, overall it still looks very good. Below is the worst blemish:
standard.jpg

Price for this terrific McGizmo Super L1 (I referred to it as my "McL1") with the lanyard and standup tail ring is $185.00. <font color="red"> Reduced to $145.00 </font> Payment by Paypal (CC Paypal please add 3%). Shipping is $5.85 which includes USPS Priority mail postage with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation.

First post of "I'll take it" here, gets it. Feel free to ask questions, but an unconditional "I'll take it" takes precedence.

Complete McGizmo 6v L1 flashlight with Z60 Lanyard, McGizmo Delrin Tailring - <font color="red"> Reduced to $145.00 </font>

<font color="red"> MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If after receiving this flashlight, you feel that it was misrepresented to you in any way or does not perform as described, you can return the light to me and I will refund your money. You would need to contact me via Email within 48 hours of receiving the light. </font>

Thanks for looking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS McGizmo Modded L1 6V PRT-DB917-extras-REDUCED

Reduced!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS McGizmo Modded L1 6V PRT-DB917-extras-REDUCED

Reduced to <font color="red"> $145.00 </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif and it beats the tar out of any stock L1 out there.

Plus it'll stand on it's tail. Plus the brand new L1 Z60 lanyard. This is a good deal when you add it up.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS McGizmo Modded L1 6V PRT-DB917-extras-REDUC

Thanks, sithjedi333. I think it isn't garnering much interest because it is a well used light. But, I've proven it in alot of use and time in the bush. I'm pretty squirrely about maintaining my lights like my firearms, knives and optics. So, other than the chip and scratches on the bezel (body has almost none) it is functionally in like new condition.

I removed the custom leather holster from the ad because it was probably confusing. Also, very few care for that type of leather gear or want to pay that kind of money for it for their flashlights.

I don't think I'll lower the price anymore than this. It's down to where I'd probably feel better about giving it to a son or nephew than selling it. New, it cost $250.00 from McGizmo.

Thanks for commenting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

paulzero

Newly Enlightened

Is it still available ?? If so, and you'll accept a money order. I'de like to get it...thanks. PM Sent.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, this is an absoulte steal at this price. This is a REALLY nice light! The L1 is the most ergonomic package Surefire has yet produced. You won't be sorry if you pick this light up for this price.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, TD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm having to do this quick before I get sentimental about it.

Paul, it's yours. I'll mark it sold and it'll go in the mail the same day I receive your money order. PM answered.

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, DavidR. Thank you.

Britt