Any nylon belt pouch I can use with SF L5?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC my lights in ballistic nylon belt pouches. What belt pouch might work for the L5 Lumamax? I know the L5 was not intended to be carried this way, but I want to carry it this way anyhow. Anyone know what I could use? It has to be ballistic nylon. A Surefire pouch would be ideal, but I don't know which one would work. I know the rubber grip ring could be a problem and the KL5 bezel is longer and wider than a 6P bezel. If someone knows for sure, I would appreciate it. (I would guess some of you already have tried this with varying degrees of success.) Thanks for any info...

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I use this BlackHawk pouch for my Inova T3. The quality is superb.

The L5 would definitely fit, but I don't know if this is the type of pouch you're looking for.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what I have been looking for, but as i looked at it, it might work even better than what I currently use for my other lights. Thanks very much for your input.

Flashdark

Enlightened
socom1970,

SOEgear.com makes excellent pouches for the Surefire line of flashlights. I use the "E2" pouch for the E1e/KL1/F0x or the E1e/clean. For the E2e/E2o/clean, or with a KL1/KL4/FOx combo, or the L1/L2/A2/U2/Z2, I use their "A2" pouch. The only other "excellent" pouch is their "M6" pouch which I use for any variation of the M3, or for the M6. The M3T or M6 will NOT fit in this pouch if you put a filter cover on the 2.5" Turbohead. The Turbohead versions have to go in clean. Their "M2" and "M3" pouches work but IMHO are unacceptable because the top flap can slip off the head and you can lose the light. SOEgear.com custom-made several for me in an attempt to address this deficiency, but the result was unsatisfactory. Supposedly, they are addressing this problem but I have not seen the result. It would be worth calling and talking to "Mark" to see if there has been any progress along these lines. If they ever get these two right, they will have the best pouch line in the industry.

Hope this helps.

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
The Maxpedition sheaths are excellent quality and perhaps the standard single sheath, the universal flashlight/baton sheath or the 5" sheath may be right. The single sheath fits my standard G2, but even longer flashlights should be ok. And the advantage of Maxped sheaths is that the lamp bezel looks out of the sheath - it doesn´t matter if its a bit wider.
Just check out their website www.maxpedition.com for the right one.

sheath_flashlight_bw.gif
sheath_single_bw.gif