EDC Battery?

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
How many of you guys EDC battery for your lights?

I carry a backpack and I have CD player, GPS and Mini-Mag AA that all uses AA so I throw in some spare AAs. Then I became a flashcoholic and start to add 123s in my backpack. Now I just got my first Luxon Arc AAA so I now have to add AAA into my backpack? What a messed up setup..

Oh almost forgot, I also carry a digital camera with spare proprietary battery as well.

What about you guys? I'm curious how many different type of battery you guys EDC.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
For myself, the decision will base on where I go and what I do that day.

Usually I just EDC a 2x123 and a 'backup' light along with smaller lights on me, and have a set of batteries for my main EDC and my secondary light in my bag.

If I am travelling, I tends to load up my 123s since they are harder to find and usually at a much higher cost.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Yeah, my backup backpack light is the Mini-Mag AA. I can let a stranger borrow and don't have to worry too much if he doesn't return it. Then when I go on a trip, I would take the LSH-P with 2AA tail.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry six SF123's in a flat nylon velcro pouch in my pocket for my 6P. I also have a UK 2aaa side-by-side incandescent on my keys as a backup light. (Pretty bright for a little keyring light with descent throw.) Sometimes I carry aaa's for it, but usually those are no big deal as the UK has a descent run time compared to the 6P. Always carry a backup because no matter how much stuff you possess, if you don't have it on you, you don't have it.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also carry six 123A cells, but in an Omniseal waterproof holder in my pocket. This works well since my EDC lights (SF M2 + SF L1) and backup (2 level Firefly II) all take the 123A cells. I carry various spares (including AA and AAA cells) in my backpack.

-john

edc2-640x480.jpg

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now carry a modified Mini-Mag with a BadBoy 1000 module. I've just given my SF E1E/KL1 to one of my sisters.
chiphead

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just 2 AA's. Mainly for my CD player, but I can throw one into my ultra-g if my main light dies.

***edited for grammer, its late.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
socom1970 said:
I carry six SF123's in a flat nylon velcro pouch in my pocket for my 6P...

[/ QUOTE ]

This one by any chance? If not, which?

POUCH

Brightnorm

Techmedic

Enlightened
Parka; Streamlight scorpion
Backpack: Streamlight TL-2, 3 orange matchcases with 2 123's in each one. (=6 of 123A's) 2AA's for Mytilite magnum and the CD/radio if brought along when taking transit.
Note that the streamlights each have a spare bulb, and they are interchangeable between lights if required.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
At my age, I've learned to plan ahead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif If I antisipate heavy flashlight usage (storm chaseing), I'll throw some extra batteries in the front seat of the car.

greenLED

Flashaholic
2xAAA in my pen case (double-purpose for my old and trusted HS Neo and my new black Arc AAA-thanks Larry!), 1xAA loose in the outer pocket of my pack (for my Infinity). I don't EDC 123 lights, so I don't need spares. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
In normal circumstances, I use a CR123A based EDC. Either an ARC LSH-P, a modified Docry or Slim, my own creation.

The backup battery I carry is a lithium AAA. I store it in an ARC AAA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I use a BlackHawk SureFire duty pouch that has slots for spare batteries. I carry my T3 in this pouch, along with 4 spare 123s.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I carry my extra batteries in my extra lights. No kidding, when backpacking all my stuff lights, Gps, and radios take AA or AAA batteries. So my extra lights are usually princetontec lights like attitude or tec 40. The flashlights are waterproof, and weigh only a few ounces. One 4AA and 4AAA are usually enough because I seldom go out for more than 2-3 days. I only carry extra batteries when I'll be doing something outdoors.