Vital Gear 123 Bodies.

dpled

Enlightened
What have some of the LED-Heads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif in CPF done with a 1-123 or 2-123 Vital Gear Body as far as adding a head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Looking to construct a EDC. Pics welcome.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
KL4 on VG-twistie, small yet pretty powerfull.
vg3.jpg

dpled

Enlightened
Sweet, whats the run time on this set-up. How bright/white is the light?

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I really have no idea about the runtime, it differs per unit because no led is the same.
If you search on TW4 (KL4+E1e) you will finds lots of info about this combo.
Here's a beamshot with a Inova X5:
vg2.jpg

It's pretty bright and white, it also has a pretty strong sidespill which you can not see at the beamshot.

Catman10

Enlightened
Here's my current favorite combo for small size: Aleph 1 head with new style FB1 (TWOK w/Nexgen 1000). It is next to the regular full Aleph 1 for size comparison.
AVGME2.jpg

The unit is very bright, easily one of my favorite lights. I swap the bodies depending on whether I need functionality or small size. I would recommend this configuration, but you may go for more runtime with a lower bias. Personally, I switch my rechargeables every day so I like this combo.
Side note: If you're going to order your own body, I'd recommend jcciv. Great service.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm. i may have to try out the VG body.

though i really like my longbow, im not happy with the unnecessary thickness at the tail end. makes it too bulky for easy pocket carry. the VG appears much thinner.

Bob

Latest posts