Newbie-E2e question

Gmount

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I just found this forum last week. Actually, I decided I wanted a new light, and was interested in the E2E or the Strion. I looked at both and bought the E2e. When I got home, I found out it was a jungle camo model. Of course, I knew it when I bought it, but I didn't know it was no longer made.

Now you guys have me worried about losing it, so I had to buy another E2e, this time a new hard anodized model. Here then is my question: How often does Surefire change flashlight bodies? This new light has 2 flat surfaces on the body, and the old light had 3 flat surfaces. The new one has a crenelated end. Serial number 00025, if that means anything.

Has Surefire changed it's design?

Anyhow, I've learned a lot here. Stuff I didn't know I didn't know. Just what I needed, another expensive toy to collect, hehe. It is pretty cool though.

RH

Enlightened
Hi Gmount,

Welcome! I don't have an E2E but I do have an L4. The newest bod style is rounded on all sides. Is that what your new E2E looks like? Also, I'd love to see a photo of the cammo E2. I've never seen one.

I just bought a Strion this week! I hasn't arrived yet, but I've been wanting one for quite a while.

Thanks,
Robert

briteguy

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

The Surefire E2 has several designs and several finishes/colors over the 3 year span which I have knowlege of them. Others for sure have more chronologic knowlege of Surefire products.

The Hard anodized, two flat side version is the latest. And, best of all the bezels for the E-series are all compatible regardless of their generations up to now. So you can continue to mix and match with different accessories. Congratulations on your venture into the addicting hobby!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
briteguy said:
Welcome to CPF!

The Surefire E2 has several designs and several finishes/colors over the 3 year span which I have knowlege of them. Others for sure have more chronologic knowlege of Surefire products.

The Hard anodized, two flat side version is the latest. And, best of all the bezels for the E-series are all compatible regardless of their generations up to now. So you can continue to mix and match with different accessories. Congratulations on your venture into the addicting hobby!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is contradictory with post # two. is it round? or not? I just bought a round E1e with a factory clickie, icalled surefire they said it's either 4-6 week's old or more then a year. It also has a slightly different color ano on the main bezel, were the crenulated front and the and tail are the same.
so any idea how old or new it is? I love it, my main light right now!(got a KL-1 coming too) VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW gmount, welcome to the CPF! i too am gting a strion most likely for christmas. VDG

RH

Enlightened
Hi VDG,

If you're getting a strion, may I suggest Markell's? I just ordered one from there and it was onl $69.99!!! They don't have a website but the number is 1-800-550-5885. I am in now way connected with them.

Thanks,
Robert

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
RH said:
Hi VDG,

If you're getting a strion, may I suggest Markell's? I just ordered one from there and it was onl $69.99!!! They don't have a website but the number is 1-800-550-5885. I am in now way connected with them.

Thanks,
Robert

[/ QUOTE ]

So like a great price! I haven't seen them for less then 90 ish, I will definately order there. VDG