bulb replacement for PrincetonTec tec 40

rifle59

Newly Enlightened
I think I saw this somewhere before but what bulb do you use for the tec 40 replacement? I want to keep the same brightness. Also any decent way to get a better grip, ie some kind of anti-slip tape? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I just saw another thread on this today. I have one, and the good thing about the tec 40 is that it takes a PR base bulb. The one I recently bought is the Radio Shack XPR103 but its for a 3 cell light. In IMHO it is better than any other bulb I tried. Producing a very nice surefire like beam. From reading threads here I would recommend Radio Shack or MAG light bulbs. If you get a 3 cell bulb it may burn out quicker or maybe over heat? I recently saw some anti slip tape sold at a Cingular store. I forget what it was called, maybe something like "Grip It". I know someone who recommended the anti slip tape used on skate boards. But it has a sandpaper like finish to it. But it wouild work on a light.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
KPR of XPR 103's are very bright--but may not last long.

i prefer the KP or XPR 113 for better longevity. the KPR is just a bit dimmer than the original halogen bulb--but it seems pretty close to me.

the XPR is about the same.

as far as grip, i used pieces of bicycle inner tube to make a sleeve. worked nicely, and was inexpensive.

Bob

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a brigther, cleaner beam than the original, that still lasts as long, try the newer Mag bulbs. Their brighter ones, the Magnum Star I think. The ones with the rounded tip and straight sides.