U2: The Video 2.0

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
That's great! It'd be awesome if every flashlight review included a video.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Nice!

I don't suppose anyone can post something like this for the Lionheart? 200 of them out there and only like 2 beamshot pics available!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
TEASE!!!!!!!

You KNOW I'm jumping up and down waiting for my U2!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

But that is a beautiful video and you wouldn't imagine the smile it put on my face as you crank up the power levels. There is just something awesome about being able to dial it up, 1-2-3-4-5-6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Who needs beamshots on test targets any more? This is THE way to do a flashlight review in under 60 seconds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

luxlover

Banned
Greg,
The value of your video clips is immeasurable to us CPF members, and should be respected by SureFire as well. You are effectively selling their product, without any commission or royalties. Keep on trucking, and if you have any other ideas on how to accentuate the merits of the U2, lay them on us! Good work, and thank you.

grnamin

Enlightened
Thank you very much for your kind words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just a fellow flashoholic here sharing in the fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that the U2 in your avatar picture? It sure looks huge in those small hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting.

Why the pronounced doughnut hole in the beam at the lower settings?

Seems that the focal point of the LED isn't changing. Could the lower power settings cause portions of teh LED not to light?

I dunno...

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
I bet it's more like the hole is always there but the sensitivity of the camera (and human eye) is better able to recognise it at lower output levels (due to the amount of light being less overwhelming).

Al

Kiessling

Flashaholic
What Al said ... I experience this with some other LuxV lights, too, and without better knowledge I attribute it to a sensitivity / discrimination issue of the human eye / digicam. Something about dynamic range or so ...
bernhard

Brock

Flashaholic
Man, makes me want to get a bunch of lights and shoot some vid. I used to do that, but way back when everyone was on dial-up.

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
Is that the U2 in your avatar picture? It sure looks huge in those small hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, good eye, Kevin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mattman

Enlightened
I like the concept of the short video review, but if you threw in a side-by-side shot of something known, like an L4/LSH-P/SL JR, then we could get a better point of reference. Nice idea for reviews, Greg!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job, though I think it appears dimmer than seeing one in person. I got mine Friday and on the lowest setting it lights up a fair-sized area (10 ft, maybe more) around the spot well enough to see details, from that range. It's probably perception or video camera, as was already mentioned. Mattman's suggestion is a good one. Without some type of reference, the variation in video cameras would have too much impact to be able to do comparisions.

Still, your video really does shows the range of the U2, even if the low end isn't really all that low.

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mattman said:
I like the concept of the short video review, but if you threw in a side-by-side shot of something known, like an L4/LSH-P/SL JR, then we could get a better point of reference. Nice idea for reviews, Greg!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Mattman! That's a good idea. Only other lights I have are an E1e with 4th gen KL1 and a G2Z with HOLA. I think I'll power them up tonight and shoot video 3.0. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
I must say the video is very nicely done.

I certainly hope the butt-ugly green color is an artifact of some sort, perhaps from your camera, or the color of the walls?

If I had paid $280 for a light with that color emittor, I think I could break the speed of light trying to get a refund/replacement.