better than X5?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for something that has better light output than my Inova X5, there is a catch; it must be the same size in length and width, take two 123 batts, LED of some kind, have a run time of at least 5 hours at full brightness and be tough as nails. Any recommendations?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think of any light that really fits ALL those requirements - if you want better output with the same size and length, then you've ruled out most if not all of the candidates that come to mind.

Otherwise, I'd suggest looking at the T2 - it'll do five hours, has a LuxI, and is fairly tough.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of something like the Night Cutter P20, I believe that its the same size as the X5 with better light output, are there any others?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nightcutter P20 is the same size, but I don't know if it puts out the 20 lumens constantly for 5 hours. Otherwise, you could look at one of the Peak Lighting Solutions lights - the 7LED ones MIGHT do it for you, and I know those lights tend to be fairly constant with their lighting levels.

Beyond that? Look at the T2 for extended battery life.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the paperwork that came with my P20, I think it said it would have 4 hours of constant brightness before dimming.

Dukester, maybe you have a bad X5. Mine is pretty bright, and would take lots more than a candle to beat it.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Inova XO? same form factor (I think) and its fairly bright with a lot of throw right? I mean, more than fairly.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags - the X0 has a runtime of about 3.5 hours at constant brightness, before it starts to flicker. At four hours, it dips sharply.

So, it's not going to make the runtime that he specified. Neither is the P20 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dukester, you mentioned a good selection of lights,....firstly I must apologise, I have the newer X5T and not the original X5, perhaps there is a difference. My problem is that I judge light output of the X5T against my Surefire flashlights, (G2, 6P and 9P) not a fair comparison. I carry my X5T all day in my pocket at work, maintenance work in a large factory environment, confined dark spaces etc. The G2 is far too bright with short run time. The X5T has been nearly perfect except that it is not quite bright enough in some situations. I really would like to stick to the size (under 1" from one end to the other) with better run time than the G2.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that WallaceD, I will have a closer look at the other Inova lights as far as specs are concerned. I like the light angle the X5T presents, I just found out that the NightCutter P20 has a 30º lens available for it with a 10º being standard. I have not heard of a X5T-HA, must check this out as well, thanks.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The X5T-HA is the sterile (unmarked), natural hard anodized version of the X5T that County Comm sold. It's no longer available from them. Functionally, it's identical to the regular X5T.

The T series lights are not flood lights like the X5. Due to the unique optics, they have a strong hotspot with a dim sidespill. This works well for me, but may not for you.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, looking at my X5T, there are no markings on the light at all, If someone would give this to me, I would not have any idea of its brand name or model.....yes mine has a centre beam with a good side spill, works for me except it could be a little brighter....