Streamlight Tasklight 2L vs. Twin Task 2L

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done some searching and find a lot on the Twin Task but not much on the Tasklight. I'm interested in a comparison of the 2. It seems that the Tasklight would be a better light-

One complaint about the TT is the switch arrangement. The TL takes one click out of the setup and allows a click-through also.

Another item seems to be that the TL removes the potential incan bulb failure.

So that's a comparison on paper, now what about in reality? How is the brightness comparison and the usability of the beams?

(Actually I suppose similar questions could be asked about the TT-3AA vs. the TL Luxeon 3AA but I'm less interested in these due to the physical overall length not being as easy to pocket carry.)

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have either, but it sounds like the TT will accomidate different beam patterns for the different modes (more spot on high, more flood on low).

Would be cool to see a head to head review.

-john

DanM

Newly Enlightened
Having both I like the Tasklight 2L hands down over the Twin Task 2L.

The Twin Task will out throw the Tasklight but with more of a wide hot spot. The hot spot on the Tasklight is very white and can reach out there and light distant objects like the Twin task but with a smaller hot spot.

On low the Twin Task is more of a flood light. The Tasklight has a bright hot spot even on low, it takes a little getting used to, I wish it were more flood.

If you like to shine your lights on walls the Tasklight does not have the irregular beam pattern of the Twin Task.

Think of it as a poor mans L2.

Latest posts