Down side to using an EverLed

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my Mag 3C with EverLed outside a few nights ago, and I found just about the only thing I didn't like about it. When the batteries go dead, there's not even a chance to get it to light again. I thought the switch had gone bad, because it would only very briefly flicker while clicking the switch. I pulled out the spare stock bulb from the tailcap, and installed it. It was dim, but it got the job done. I wish it would give a little warning when it's about to poop out. Other than that, I really like my EverLed. I decided to try it in my 2D Mag. I wonder if that would give it longer runtime than 3C?

Steve C

Enlightened
I have an EverLED in a 2D MagLite. I did an informal run-time "test" when I got it: 2 new D alkalines, and 24 hours later the output was noticeably dimmer but still usable for inside work. That was six months ago; I'm still on the same set of batteries I put in after the "test", and the light is used 3-4 times a week, for several minutes at a time.

I didn't know about the poof!no more aspect of the bulb when the batteries finally die; guess I'll put some fresh ones in tonight.

Let's see... two Energizers every six months? Yeah, I can handle that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
For the record, I did have the EXACT same problem once. I thought my light had a bad switch. I would "flash" on when I hit the button and then go off.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I was glad that it was just the batteries when that happened to me. It's too bad it doesn't just go into direct drive/moon mode so you aren't caught off guard. But I guess that's what back-ups are for.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EverLed drains the batteries to the maximum possible extent. When it turns off, batteries are really empty. I believe it is not possible to include a low voltage warning a-la-Opalec since the EverLed ranges from 1.5 to 9 Volt, unless there is a uP that takes into consideration the initial battery voltage, a-la-Arc4, to say.
EverLed is a worth investment for upgrading the M*gs, due to the very long runtime...

Anthony

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
even in flashlightreviews.com it shows that a 2D light improved the most when used as a host for an everLED. The overall output and everything went up but in 3 or more cells... it was same output and i think one of them even had a loss in output. I guess thats why the 2D works so well?

Latest posts