Newbie with M3T question..

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello..nice to find such a website. Didn't know there were other flashlight addicts out there!

I've just bought an M3T, upgrading from my normal M3. Anyone have any experience with it? Did I see a suggestion in another post that there might be a way to extend battery life?

best,

Arnold

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Amazing that no one here knows anything about the M3T!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arnold. I also am a newbie, but I doubt if in the M3, the battery can be extended. Or any other Surefire. On some Surefires, You can use the lower output lamps. Don't be upset when you don't get an answer. It happens with everybody. Welcome to CPF and just keep reading. BTW, I just started buying led flashlights because of the posts here. Not near as bright as incan bulbs but the color is GREAT at night. Hang in there Arnold.
smile.gif
grin.gif

bkral

Newly Enlightened
Well, since no one else is jumping in, I'll give it a try. First the obvious - don't use it as much.
smile.gif
Seriously, something like an Arc, PT Blast, UKE 2AAA, etc. will travel almost unnoticed in your pocket and will let you save those lithiums for the important work.

Second, use the MN15 lamp and stay away from the MN16. If you're not using the light in a "tactical" role I have never been very fond of the run-time trade-off with the SF high-current lamps.

Third, if you don't need that much light, try an 6V N1 lamp and a battery spacer. This should give 65 lumens for an hour with only 2 batteries - like a 6P with a tighter beam. I don't have an M3T to try this myself, but I know the N1 will fit where the N2 will, and the M3T was extensively tested with the N2, so everything ought to work. Just remember to use the battery spacer to avoid the flashbulb effect.

Fourth, if you don't mind what the end result looks like, you should be able to combine the N1 lamp with the battery and short extention tube that is used to convert a 9P to a 6R to end up with the world's first "M2RT" (?). Frankly, I would probably just by an Ultrastinger before I went to all the fuss. Which, of course, leads to...

Fifth, buy an Ultrastinger, and save the M3T for when you really need a waterproof light with a tail switch and "combat" grip.

Hope this helps - welcome aboard!

BCK