• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD 14500 Li-ion charger, battery status, 4 home

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD...when I get a chance and the parts I'll make more.

I've just put together another homebrew 14500 rechargeable Li-ion, home battery chargers with cell status indicators and it's for sale.

14500 cells are the size of a single AA-sized battery but run at a higher voltage of 3.6-volts. I like to use the cells in lights that normally take single AA alkaline batteries or NiMH cells like a MicroMag or a Dorcy 1AA LED light. With these 14500 cells the lights will have more "kick" than the stock lights and standard batteries. You can also use the cells with a dummy cell on a 2AA light. Let your imagination roam and you can find other ways to use the 14500 cells.

Each charger with LCD cell status display is enclosed in its original charger case. The electronics are fully enclosed with the exception of the two AA battery holders on the bottom. For safety I've mounted the AA-sized battery holders on the bottom of the charger. In the highly unlikely event the batteries should vent then they will do it downward and not into someone's face.

This is a smart charger I've put together and tested. Each charger recharges one or two cells at a time in a parallel circuit so both cells are charged the same full voltage. Each charger has an LCD cell indicator that tells if a cell is in the charger. The chargers also blink the cell charging status then shows a solid indicator to show when the charge is complete. After the cell is fully charged the chargers automatically switch to trickle mode to keep the cells topped off. The unit is fuse protected. The charger also has reverse cell charging protection. How do I know? On one of the chargers I accidentally wired it backwards and when I went to test the charger with the cell there was no poof from the cell but just an indication the cell was not charging. Don't worry…I rewired the charger and it works properly now. Charging the cells couldn't be easier.

Take a look. There aren't many 14500 cell chargers for the home around.

Price is $27 plus shipping. The package is 18oz. and mailing in the U.S. is $6 priority shipping.

If you want up to two 14500 cell with 850mAh output and a soldered top it would cost an extra $9 each. No more than two cells please so I can share the cells and chargers with other cpfers.

The first one to say "I'll take it!" on this thread with a follow up PM to me gets the 14500 Li-ion smart cell charger with LCD display.

14500_charger_to_cpf.jpg

srue

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS 14500 Li-ion charger, battery status, 4 home

Free bump.

Very nice - someone should snap this up.

Any plans to make more in the future? I don't need one now, but I might sometime down the road (6-12 months).

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, gang, the other two chargers have been mailed and you should get them within the week. The charger on this thread is the last one I have and it might be a while before I make more. It is getting harder to find the chargers to modify and the RadShack stores in my area doesn't help by not having 2AA sized battery holders 80% of the time.

So this is the last charger I have available for sale and it might be a while before I can make more.

The first "I'll take it." and a PM to me gets the 14500 (AA-sized, 3.7-volt rechargeable cell) charger.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOLD! The charger will be mailed today and you'll have it in your hands within a week. ENJOY!