CPF Christmass Gift Exchange. Any takers?

jashhash

Enlightened
what do you think about a CPF gift exchange?

How it will. work:
Each person who posts after me would pick a # from 1,2,3,4,5... and then each number coresponds to the gift that they are putting up in the exchange. Keep it secret and dont tell anyone what you have offered up for a gift. Then when everyone is done putting in thier gift, we will randomly pick #'s out of a hat or something, and do a massive gift exchange, and nobody on the forum will know what thier getting untill it arrives.
I hope this is explained well enough.

So what do you think?

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Would anyone be interested in a.....

hmmmm

might be fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i have something, so.....

CPF Gift Exchange List:
1: Neg

neg

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

I might have missed something, is there a rule on what the gift should roughly cost, or what the general sort of gift is, like a bright thing or a sharp thing or a ticky thing?

daloosh

jashhash

Enlightened

no limits. This is going to be as spontaneous as possible, anything goes... Well almost anything, like dont send something like a burnt led, or perishables, use your own discression i guess.

jashhash

Enlightened

Hmm seems there isnt enough interest so... This ideah is as good as cancled, unlease somone else wants to try.

AW

Newly Enlightened

I am in ! I have got something cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

AW

Newly Enlightened

CPF Gift Exchange List:
1: Neg
2: Jashhash
3: Greenlight
4: Lasernerd
5: AW

Mark2

Enlightened

I thought about something like that myself a couple of weeks ago. It would be great to receive a flashlight surprise package for X-Mas! However, I think there need to be some rules regarding the gifts. The rules I had in mind are something like this:

Must be a flashlight
Must be NIB or LNIB (tryouts etc.)
Must have a value of at least $10* (*up for discussion)

I would also allow people to put in more than one gift and of course receive more than one gift in return. Also: why not post the list of items that are currently in Santa's bag? You would still not know what you get, but it would be fun to know what's there and watch the list grow.

If we can put this thing together, I'm in with a couple of NIB Luxeon lights. I'd also be willing to handle the whole thing, but I don't want to hijack this thread or steal jashhash's gift exchange. Merry Christmas!