Home for R&R.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to spend Thanksgiving on a plane, and my dinner was airplane food, but it was all good. I got back in last night, and am hapy to be out of the desert for a couple weeks. We flew into the Dallas Ft. Worth airport and the reception was incredible. People were lined up on both sides of the halls to greet us. It was a bit embarassing actually. People were loaning out their cell phones so that people could call home. Even when we switched to our commercial flights to the closest airports, the flight attendant said something to thank us. He also gave his thanks to God, definately a religious person.
It's cold now, but nice. No snow, just rain. It was cooling off in the desert to, though the lows at night were only 48, and the highs were as cool as 60. It was over 90 justa few days ago though! Anyway, I'm just a bit happy to be home, even if it is just for a couple weeks.

Greta

Flashaholic
Unicorn... welcome home... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geez... you guys coming home is making me all misty-eyed and stuff... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
THANK YOU!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif for your service!!!!

Enjoy the R&R! You damn sure earned it!

Thanks to all who serve! and of course they who have served in the past...

And OF COURSE to all who have given their lives in service to keep me free!!!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jack,
No, I flew a military charter from Doha to Dallas/Ft. Worth. I was actually looking around for you since there were a couple civillians on board and I knew that you were leaving around this time.

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's good to be home. I can't wait until the late winter, early spring (ISH) time that we come home for good (or at least until the next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). That will be even better.