Gerber LX 3.0

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really appreciate any comments on the Gerber LX 3.0, especially comparing it to the Inova T3 and SL 3-watt (2-level) Task Light, in terms of beam, run-time, etc. Is beam more of a spot or a flood? A 3 watt light running on AAs seems attracive to me.

Thanks.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
More of a spot but with good spill. It is a terrific thrower.

It is not regulated but runs great on NiMH rechargables. It is my use-all-the-time light these days when out at night walking the dog (although Wayne's Blaster Jr. has given it some competition, I must admit.)

It is a heavy light for its size, a good little baton weapon if needed. Totally sturdy and a neat finish on it. What's there not to like

I think it outthrows my SL tasklights.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't actually played with the Gerber 3.0 but comparing think the Streamlight Tasklight is a neat light. According to the flashlightreviews.com reviews of each light, the Gerber has about 30% more total output, but the Streamlight on 'Hi' has almost double the throw of the Gerber.

For my money, I'd go for the Streamlight but using 'free' rechargable AA batteries would be awfully desirable if you used it a whole lot.

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
AF Austin,
I have both the Gerber LX 3.0 and the Elektrolumens Blaster JR also. The JR out throws the LX by quite a bit (you could read a newspaper headline at 30 feet!), but the LX has a little more side spill. The Blaster also has a great holster available if you wear a belt. I like the finish on the LX, but if I had bought the JR first, I probably would have not bothered with the LX!!!

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all for the comments. Long and slim form factor suits me better than short and thick, so I'm leaning towards the LX3.0 (this time, anyway!).