What is your edc?

code09

Enlightened
Does anyone use a surefire L2 for their edc? yes or no? y or y not? what is your edc generally used for the most in everyday task?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've been carrying my VIP more or less since I got it and I expect I'll carry the LionHeart when it arrives.

Before that it was my X5T-HA and Dorcy AAA.

If I get the Nuwai QIII, I imagine that will be EDC for a while - it's small enough to sit unobstrusively on a belt.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm cheap. I EDC a Browning Black Ice keychain light and the brightest of my CMG Infinity Ultras.

Haven't been able to get used to EDCing a 2x123 light yet. And I'm thinking heavily about getting a Vortex KC-1 to replace the Browning.

MicroE

Enlightened
I EDC a Lionheart. It replaced the Arc4+ that I lost.

The LH has muliple levels of light and is smaller, less expensive, and has whiter beam than the U2.
---Marc

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just my little old Arc AAA. Since it's coat wearing time I'll also slip my LSL in my pocket at night.

Geoff

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry an Infinity Ultra clipped to my pocket, and an Arc AAA on my keychain. Also somewhere close by is a Streamlight Stylus with a white LED (the 3 AAAA version) which is useful in my current job - it's great for peeking inside our motors and other confined areas. I've never seen a better made penlight. My jacket pocket always has a Streamlight JR with a 1W luxeon in it, and a brass Peak Everest 7 LED with high power snow white and amber ends.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc4+. 3 preset brightness levels covers most of my tasks. An orange Photon 2 hangs around my neck for quick use.

The L2 looks gorgeous, but too large for me to EDC.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. McLux PR TWAK DB917 on SF E2e body and McE2S switch.
2. McLux PR-T TVOJ MM+WO on SF E1e body and McE2S switch.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently carry an L4/McE2s. This light is new to me, and before I got the McE2s I burned thru a pair of batteries in just a few days. Hopefully the new tail switch will really help the runtime. But a 2x123 is not optimal for EDC, at least not for me.

If protected r123 batteries ever get ironed out, I'll switch over to the KL4 head on an e1e. Not sure if the current crop of unprotected r123 batteries will run a KL4/e1e in regulation.

Next favorite is the QIII. Small and bright, which is just what you need in an EDC.

I still carry a Stinger or Ultra Stinger when going to a Stop and Rob at night.

best regards

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a QIII(just got it saturday. I like it), a CMG Infinity Ultra, and 2 Photons(white and green).
I probably use the Ultra the most. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
c2-1.jpg

Yes, both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Primary: McLux PR-T/DB917/TV0J on E2e body
Backup1: Modded 6P w. DB917/TV0J
Backup2: FireFly R1
Backup3: MiniM@g w. R3K/MM+WO
Glove Box: 9AN & LEDXtreme Predator

All of the backup lights change from time to time, but my EDC has been the same for a couple of years now.

DavidR

Newly Enlightened
My current EDC is a Peak Led AAA with d'mo mod head and a FF2 with NG 750, TV1K.

I hope to replace my Peak with Key-lux and my FF2 with LH. This would be my perfect EDC (for now).

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always got my QIII, and I've got an Ivova microlite on my keychain.

I don't EDC an L2 because I don't have one.

I usually use my lights to look at something in shadows, be it under a car hood, behind the TV, in a basement crawlspace. .

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started carrying an U2 today. I'm usually wearing khaki pants, so it disappears in a front pocket just as easily as my A2 or G2Z does. There's nothing in particular that it's used for each day: it just depends on what I'm doing that day. I also have a white LED Photon Micro-Light III Covert wiht my change and a Streamlight Key-Mate if I'm wearing a coat.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
AN ARC AAA with a d'mo LS head, on the key chain and a Fire~Fly II in my left pants pocket or in a nylon holster.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call me old fashioned, my EDC is my E2e/KL1 running 2xR123. Long runtime and batteries that last forever, what more could I ask for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif