SF FM34 - Worth it for EMS Use?

Techmedic

Enlightened
I have a SF6P and and a 9P (new generation) that resides on my medic belt. I do mostly special events and am looking for opinions/experience concerning the use of the SF FM34 beamshaper on a 6P or 9P for broad light to assess a patient under slightly light (e.g. parking lot with slight ambient light) and no-light (e.g. corn field) conditions. I use the V21 for the 6P and the V11 for the 9P, to which the light can have a FM34 attached and still fit in the holster.
Any/all comments appreciated.
Oh-BTW, would love to get/use a L4, but the WFOF would kill me.
(Wife Freak Out Factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )
Thanks!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that it would help since it spread the beam out to be more useful in closeup work. With the standard beam, it is too focused and kind of blinding. With the beam shaper it wil spread out, and slightly dim the light so that you aren't blinded by the glare, as well as lighting up the entire patient instead of just one small spot.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Techmedic, I agree with Unicorn. I think the FM-34 is worth a try to see how it works for your uses.

It diffuses and softens the beam which is too concentrated for up close work and turns it into a more evenly lit up flood.

When you need some throw or the full powers of your light, you just flip up the lens out of the way.

It does make for a large, chunky head on your light, but if you're wearing the molded SF holsters already it won't add much to your burden.

Britt

Techmedic

Enlightened
Unicorn & BCO311,

This is exactly my thoughts. Thank you for your kind replies. I am seeking someone who has used the FM34 for this purpose, in EMS, military EMS or other situations.
Any medics out there that have used the FM34??
Thanking you in advance.