Got my UK4AAeLED today!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, today I got my UK4AAeLED.
My first impression of the UK was that it was as solidly built as any plastic light I currently have. I installed the batteries and turned it on. Like others have said, it's not a powerhouse, but very adequate for most indoor needs. It doesn't put out as much light as my Arc LSL-P, but it has a tighter beam with a brighter hot spot, and it out throws it. It has good side spill. And that rock-solid regulation for 10-11 hours is great. I'm sure it will do even better with lithiums. It has an ever-so-slight green tint to the beam, but it's really only noticeable when comparing it to other lights. I'm going to be using this light A LOT!

Now I know why everyone seems to really like this light!

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh, depends. The Q40, with the twist on switch is waterproof. The vented explosion proofone is notwaterproof (clickie)

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not dive rated, but it is waterproof. You could leave it in a tub or basin and it'd be fine.

I believe I remember that someone said it would float with lithiums - I haven't tried it.

The run time is actually 12+ hours.

It's a great light - I think that it's one of the 3 best values available today.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't say that and not tell us the other two... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

Freedom1955

Enlightened
When I first got my UK 4AA eLed I was not that impressed but now that I've had it a couple weeks It's becoming one of my favorite flashlights that I have. I am running it on lithiums, it's lighter with them and the tolerate hot and cold temps better.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I believe the light is waterproof to something like 10 feet. Essentially not dive rated but you could probably drop it in the bath tub or a swimming pool.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, its stated on the packaging that its waterproof to 10ft (~3m). i've had mine for 5 months, and its my most-used utility light. in spite of that, i've only had to change out the batteries once due to the extra long runtime. i've dropped it from a height of about 2 metres onto concrete once, and many other times from various heights and it still works fine. the money i spent on my UKE 4AA eLED is paltry compared to how useful it has been /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big_Ed before assuming that their rating is correct,make sure to test how waterproof the light is before you dunk it. Mine did not withstand two feet of water. I ended up epoxying the vent shut.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, has anyone run it to battery completion? If so, what where your batteries showing on the voltmeter?

I suppose that since the output is less than some other LED 1 watt lights, and being that it is plastic, will the heat buildup ever be a problem even when running for a few hours at a time?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I never measured the voltage, but I can tell you it will provide a very usable amount of light for many hours after dropping out of regulation. I seem to recall a figure of 80 hours from somewhere. This is not far from right.

Geoff

Freedom1955

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
I never measured the voltage, but I can tell you it will provide a very usable amount of light for many hours after dropping out of regulation. I seem to recall a figure of 80 hours from somewhere. This is not far from right.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

80 hrs.!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif