Don't you just hate it when...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Don\'t you just hate it when...

...you spend days looking for a CD, give up, buy a new copy, and then find the damn thing a few hours later?
That just happened to me, and boy am I pissed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: Don\'t you just hate it when...

Craig, that's standard practice to find something- replace it, and suddenly you find you have two of 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Larry

fuelblender

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
...you spend days looking for a CD, give up, buy a new copy, and then find the damn thing a few hours later?
That just happened to me, and boy am I pissed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What's just about as bad or maybe even worse: About a year or so ago I was working on my truck and I couldn't find my screw driver. Looked all over for it, finally found it in my left hand. Pretty sad, huh?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's nothing. I've actually looked around for my eyeglasses only to stop and realize I was still wearing them. Boy did I feel stupid!

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im the king of misplaceing things. i lose my fork while im eating.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

yup. its happened to me alot, most scarily with big items like my antique Mac SE/30. i lost it (believe it or not) and a week later gave up and bought a new one for $15. then, i come home and find it where the cleaner put it. on the top shelf of my closet. nobody looks on the top shelves!

so i gave my second SE30 to my best friend, who's latest one exploded!

neg

Canuke

Enlightened

I have a habit of constantly checking for my wallet. A few times I've tapped the rear pocket on autopilot, felt nothing, and freaked for a half second before the fact that it's in my hand registers.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

I hate it when I dubble check the wireing to a brand new ballast and still end up hooking it up backwards and blowing it up. That happened last summer to a brand new 21 watt hid ballast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

I spend most of my time trying to find things I had in my hand a few minutes before. Sometimes it's still in my hand. Well, I'm old. What's your excuse.

I copy all my CD's to a hard drive. I don't have many music CD's. Maybe copying is illegal or maybe they're now made to be uncopyable. I don't know. I just believe in backing up everything I can backup.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

It is legal to make backup copies of CD's that you own, the uncopyable CD's can be copied but the kicker is, it is illigal to defeat the copy protection on a disc you have the legal right to copy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Zackerty

Enlightened

It appears that CPF is populated by Rocket Scientists!!

Oh well... My glitch is my wallet, as it seems to have legs.
And it always walks away and hides a few minutes before I need it. I used to post a reward for my kids as to who found it first, but then they started hiding the wallet themselves!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Big_Ed said:
That's nothing. I've actually looked around for my eyeglasses only to stop and realize I was still wearing them. Boy did I feel stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse, I did it with a pair of really dark shades! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've "lost" eyeglasses that way before too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Guess the more birthdays you have under your belt, the more likely it is to occur. :/

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use to have this invisible white cat that sometimes appeared as a bird that hid things I needed. Soon as I no longer needed it, it reappeared and in plain view where no way in the world I could of missed it.

Man, those two years I took over 13 pain killers for my condition before I switched to roids and protein sure gave me a different view of the rest of the world that is hidden from view.

greenLED

Flashaholic

have you lost your eyeglasses, gotten new ones, and later found your old pair in... the freezer! It happened to "a friend'o mine" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuelblender

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
have you lost your eyeglasses, gotten new ones, and later found your old pair in... the freezer! It happened to "a friend'o mine" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Years ago I misplaced a calculator at my brother-in-laws house (I was high on pot at the time). We found it about 3 days later in his freezer. I must have placed it there when I was looking for munchies. My party days are long gone... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened

If I consider an item important to me I buy two, this way I almost never lose the first one.

A friend while on a hunting trip wondered why he was going to bed earlier than everyone else. Had on his perscription sunglasses.

Leadfoot

chrisse242

Enlightened

I recently called my girl friend from my cell phone. Pulled out my lighter that is in the same pouch while waiting for her to respond. Had the lighter, wait, where is my cell phone? Not in the pouch... where did I leave it? Took me about ten seconds to realize that I was holding it to my ear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Chrisse