Need Help: UK 2AAA eLED

CCW

Newly Enlightened
Anybody tried this light with new Lithium AAA batteries?

I do not have the light yet, so I emailed the question to UK, and they replied promptly stating:
1. Lithium batteries were not tested in the light yet.
2. Lithium batteries are not approved for use in hazardous applications.

I understand the point 2, and I am not planning to use them in such application. I just wanted to know if the electronics will handle the increased initial voltage of Lithium batteries without damaging itself. Please help...

TIA.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
it has a simple boost circuit I think like the brinkmann and isn't overdriven at all so I would guess it would be just fine as a lot of lights overdrive LEDs on purpose. On nimh it underdrives the LED somewhat. But think about it... unless you need the lighter weight and increased brightness/runtime it already runs for a long time off generic alkalines. I would probably run close to 30 hours off of lithiums you may forget it is battery powered LOL.

CCW

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for infos.

I was planning to use it as an emergency light, and leave one in a car. Lithium would be a better choice, I thought.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I would recommend something a little brighter as a primary emergency light other than this little light. It is quite dim and even lithium batteries wouldn't make up for it only having one underdriven LED. I would recommend something like a UK4AA eled as emergency light and this light as something to EDC or put in places where you don't have any room for a bigger light. I EDC this light myself using nimh and it is very useful but has very little spill so if the spot isn't on it you cannot see it. I myself would prefer something along the line of 4-10 overdriven 5mm LEDs or a luxeon when trying to do something like auto repair etc, although the UK2AAA eled would work it is woefully dim compared to even a cheap 2D flashlight.