Unsure of which Flashlight to buy

aussielextsy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

After hours of searching i am still undecided on which flash to get.

I have been thinkin about the surefire l6 but it seems a bit big for pocket use.

Also I am interested in a surefire l7 as it is rechargeable.

can someone explain the differences between the l6 and l7 as the l7 is going alot cheaper.

i have about 400usd to spend and am thinking of maybe getting an L4 for pocket use and l7 for glovebox or home.

I am mainly after a bright light just to have around but i am willing to sacrifice some power for longtivety so i have decided on a LED.

Can anyone offer their opinion on buying an l4 and an l7 or am i going to kick myself and wish i bought an l6 or another similar one..

What i am really trying to ask is that is a surefire l4 the best brightest pocket style one to get or is something better around with cost not a problem

and then for a bigger brighter light is the l6 or l7 better?

is there like an m7 rechargeable?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I don't know about the L6 or L7, but I do know that the L4 is probably one of the brightest in its class. Only thing is that the runtime is about 1 hour on full brightness. A suggestion would be to get the L4, and then purchase a McE2s from McGizmo, which is a 2 stage tailcap for the L4. That way, you can use the light on low and high as and when you need it, and get longer runtime on it as well.

Catman10

Enlightened
I would go for one Lionheart and one Aleph 1 with a 5 watt LE. You will two of the best lights that you can get. You may also want to consider getting a Surefire U2.