whats a good mp3 player(flash based and cheap)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my mp3 played headphone jack died. i need tunes lol . inned something at least 256 megs or bigger and cheap but also have great sound and be loud.cheapest one i found so far is a lexar 256 meg player for like 50 bucks. all adive will be aprechated

raggie33

*the raggedier*
any one got any idea,s has any one heard the lexar?cant beat its price hect it also works as a thumb drive but if it sounds bad its not good

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Raggie, $50 256MB player is going to be hard to beat. You may want to google the model number to search for reviews to see if anybody has reviewed it.

For what it's worth, I'm considering buying a 256MB player from this site. There's a lot of players to choose from.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
that sire looks very cool i like the iaudio mp3 players and the iriver,but over my budget way over lol.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know that it'll be considered cheap, but I have an Iriver that rocks. Would definately buy another.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
which iriver do ya got and does it get loud and sound good so many mp3 players are uunderpowered

paulr

Flashaholic
I think the Sandisk Micro Cruzer thing is a cool idea. With 256 meg it's $80 but you can just swap in more of those pen drives:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80413-384001

Basically you're paying about $50 for the player with no memory, and another $30 for the 256 meg plug-in drive. A 512-meg drive is about $50 and you can plug that instead of the 256 meg.

I still use a Panasonic portable mp3 cd player. It cost about $50 and 700 meg cd-r blanks are what, 5 cents each or something these days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Plus, my car player also can play the mp3 cd's.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
which iriver do ya got and does it get loud and sound good so many mp3 players are uunderpowered

[/ QUOTE ]

IFP-180t. It's a little older and only 128 meg. It sounds great and plays plenty loud. And since it's a flash based player, runtime is great(about 20hrs on a AA I believe). It also has a FM radio and voice recorder.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool thank you for advice everyone.man im so indecisve by the time i save enough for the iriver there will be a 2 gig version. i saw a sandisk 512 meg player for 109 thats still to much i see the irver verion ya have is 10 mw per chanel. the newer one is 18 mw .they had a sony mp3 player at pawnshop 4 20 bucks but it was sold when i came up with funds it was cd based so it wont work for my bike ride.i cant find no info on the lexar player.plus its all the way in gainsville ga.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like the Creative Nomad MuVo TX - its small, cool, has GREAT sound output, doesnt cost much and it comes in 256mb and 512mb versions. also it can be used as a USB flash drive....

neg

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the older RCA Lyra with 128MB that uses SD/MMC cards. The newer one has 256MB of RAM and I think is still around a hundred or so. With or w/o the SD/MMC card it can be used as a USB drive, and with the latest firmware it will play the MP3 Pro standard that compresses batter than the standard MP3. Smaller files that sound the same, or better sounding for the same encryption rate.
The 256MB version is identical except for the color, and the additional 128MB of RAM. I and another guy have these and have had no real problems with them. I did have a firmeware issue with mine for a bit, but it was resolved easily. The first firmware revision that allowed the MP3 Pro would sometimes cause the player to shut off randomly when playing MP3 Pro songs. It was fixed in later versions, and I've had absolutely no problems with it since.