We're a happening place

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
We\'re a happening place

It seems like the forum has suddenly become a lot busier. Is it just the holiday shopping season that has brought more people to our humble little home, or has flashaholism become epidemic? Nice to see increased interest.

Geoff

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: We\'re a happening place

Geoff... you have no idea how much busier we've become!! I just checked last night to see what our bandwidth usage for the month of November is... are you ready for this???

As of right now... CPF has used 216 gigabytes!!!! of bandwidth for the month of November. That's an average of 7.20 gigabytes!!!! each day!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

And you all wonder why we occasionally "log-jam"?

cy

Flashaholic

Sasha & server dudes, great job!! keeping cpf going under these kind of load conditions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

MJWood

Newly Enlightened

That is truely impressive. Good job Admins keeping CPF's engine running cleanly!

This BB Software / Server combo really seems to handle large loads well. I've been impressed in my short time here... and I'm a literate computer programmer!!! (read: "nerd") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sasha,

If you get the chance, I would be interested in seeing some more CPF facts. In the past you have posted this... things like how many posts in the last 24 hours, etc.

Greta

Flashaholic

Aaron... okie dokie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

New users in past 24 hours...... 22
New users in past 7 days...... 91
New users in past month...... 401

Users that have logged in the past 24 hours...... 1173
Users that have logged in the past 7 days...... 1866
Users that have logged in the past month...... 2744

Private message statistics. This only counts messages in the system. It does not give stats on deleted private messages.

Read but not replied to...... 40980
Unread with a read receipt request...... 245
Unread...... 2337
Read and replied to...... 68166
Carbon copies...... 41533

Sent in the last 24 hours...... 809
Sent in the last week...... 4195
Sent in the last month...... 16488
Total PMs in the system...... 153261

Post statistics. This only counts posts in the system. It does not give stats on deleted posts.

Posted in the last 24 hours...... 1506
Posted in the last week...... 8452
Posted in the last month...... 35296
Total # of topics...... 67355
Total # of replies...... 704134

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Maybe a lot of non-flashaholics want to make an informed choice on a flashlight gift this Christmas, instead of just buying a 3D Mag from the hardware store.

Cool!

redcar

Enlightened

Holy-____ Batman! I wonder how much of that was about the U2!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Geoff... you have no idea how much busier we've become!! I just checked last night to see what our bandwidth usage for the month of November is... are you ready for this???

As of right now... CPF has used 216 gigabytes!!!! of bandwidth for the month of November. That's an average of 7.20 gigabytes!!!! each day!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

And you all wonder why we occasionally "log-jam"?

[/ QUOTE ]

For 100% pure forum traffic, that is ... awesome. I used to run a box with traffic levels in the region of 10GB/day and it ain't easy.

Mega cheers to the 'invisible' people in the backend who make all of this happen - you are certainly NOT invisible to us and you ARE appreciated!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

We have been getting so popular that I belive there have even been dragon sightings here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's nice to see that more and more people relize there are better flashlights that what can be found at wal-mart.
With Flashaholism becoming more wide spread it is My hope that flashlights will not be reclasified and put into the same group as addicive drugs.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Draco_Americanus said:
It's nice to see that more and more people relize there are better flashlights that what can be found at wal-mart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Some of my very favorite lights are M*glites purchased at Walmart and other places. Of course, I will have to admit that none of them are still stock:

2C with Pilas, GH24 bulb, MOP PMR, UCL
4C with Tristar-3 and UCL
1.5D with 4 C123's and HID bulb
1C with TBD (still working on it)