Does anybody else prefer the old style LS optics?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have an Arc LS second with old optics and a Lambda Ill Pill mod with new style optics.(Both are excellent lights BTW.)Even though the Ill Pill has a better beam color and is brighter,I find myself grabbing the ARC LS more,because the beam is much wider,and makes for a better 'walking around at night' light.Does anyone else prefer the old optics?If I could find an old style optic for my Ill Pill,I think I would use it alot more.Does anyone know where I could find one?
troy

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I prefer the old style optics for the same reason you do - it's a great all-purpose light for walking around and doing short-range chores. But when I want to shine it across the room, I'll set it down and reach for one of the LS's with the new lens.

Catseye

Newly Enlightened
I may be the minority but I find the blue tint in most white leds including the LS a bit unfavorable to my eye. The slight green tint of the older LS's seems to make things clearer. Even though the newer emitters are brighter and have more throw,when I need close-range light I still reach for my original LS's. Electroblaster,SLS,INGON flashlight. They just have better color rendering. Just my .02

Latest posts