farthest throwing LED small light

Harrison

Newly Enlightened
Out of pure curiosity what is the farthest throw by an led/luxeon light. I am sure the xo3's 250 ft beam is up there along with the super baby pin and vip and what not lol no not the megaray- that thing is a beast- $6500- what is the best throwing pocket light

Catman10

Enlightened
Aleph 1 or 3 head with Nexgen1000(Depending on what you consider pocketable) on a 1x123 or vital gear body. From my experience, anyways.

bajaiman

Enlightened
Mini HID. This thing throw like theres no tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
These are the beamshot comparisons. The tree tops at the background is about 70 meters (about 210 feet). It is still pocketable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beamshotscomparison.jpg

Camera: Canon A80.
Mode: Manual
Aperture: F2.8
Shutter: 5 seconds
White balance: Automatic
ISO: 100

Lux reading from my other lights.
Aleph 1/DB917/TWOL: 3400 lux
Aleph 3/DB917/TWOL: 5800 lux
LionHeart: 4200 lux
Maglite/DB1000/TXOK: 9000 lux
Mini HID: 20000+ lux (don't know the exact number as my metermann can't handle it)

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not exactly a 'small' light - that's more a 'regular' light that throws REALLY well. And I envy you your light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone want to get me one for my birthday? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

RJ

Newly Enlightened
That Lionheart looks like it's out throwing everything except your HID /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif
RJ

bajaiman

Enlightened
The Lionheart doesn't throw as good as Aleph 3 or Maglite. Lionheart has a bigger hotspot (you can see the hotspot at the tip of that tennis fence … but the aim was the tree top at the background) but less throw. The Lionheart is indeed a very impressive small light.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rj i noticed that as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifand it is less then 4 inches.and rechargable and has cool functions but is easy to use(im adicted to my lh) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my smallest longest throwing LED light (with either an Aleph1 head or Aleph2 head and VitalGear FB-1 body) at about 3 3/8 in. long. (both pictures not in same scale but lights are the same length actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

medium.jpg
medium.jpg

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
Flash, that A2-FB1 really looks awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, thanks. The match up real well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
Flashlight...how did you get that FB1 in SG??.... maybe you can teach me how when I go to Spore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bajaiman said:
Flashlight...how did you get that FB1 in SG??.... maybe you can teach me how when I go to Spore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered it thru' jcciv /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and it didn't come looking like that of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Give us a shout when you're coming over mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif