Have you ever lost an expensive torch???

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to my little sister, I lost an Arc aaa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
She still has hers but I sold my spare right before it happened... mmh... I wonder where she puts hers! Hope it's secure, or she might somehow accidentally misplace it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
Thanks to my little sister, I lost an Arc aaa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Last spring I ordered an ARC-AA from Mer-Tac. Then a couple days later I ordered two other lights from them. I got the second order first. Days and days later I emailed and asked what was holding up shipment of the ARC-AA. They told me that to save me some shipping they had shipped both orders in the same box. (Bless 'em)

I checked the packing slip and it was true. I had thrown out a new ARC-AA with the packing. The trash had been picked up for days by the time I tumbled.

I know that it was not an expensive light but it really hurt. I was lucky to find another one to order. In light of what has happened since then, I'm really thankful to have the one I have. It is a pet for the hands.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dukester said:
Myself, not yet but my luck will no doubt run out one of these days...

[/ QUOTE ]

Murphy has a full time staff on my case, no doubt the $#@*( will catch up with me one of these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Because I haven't lost any means it's only going to get to me sooner or later. I hope the Spectra holds.

SteveAdams

Newly Enlightened
I lost a UK D4R last year. I was about to dive on the Thistlegorm (well known Red Sea wreck) when the "professional" dive guide asked if we had torches. I thought he was just checking and said I had two. He then asked if he could borrow one! He tried to undo my D4R from where it was clipped on, failed and jumped into the water. I followed him before he disappeared, without checking everything was securely attached. When I got to the bottom I discovered he had actually succeeded in disconecting the clip and the torch was somewhere between me and the boat. I was a bit p*&^!d off, and he wondered why!! Apart from the loss of the torch, that was the end of my night dives for the rest of the week!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my E1e with a KL1 attached. Almost lost my M2 with KL3 attached but found it when I went back to location. I have thus far bought another E1e with KL1.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two... I lost an Inova X1 and I have zero idea where it's at. And I don't know where my Surge is. I visited a friend in Memphis and it may be there, or it may be in one of several boxes but I think I've looked through them all.

Neither were expensive though... Overall, I've been pretty lucky.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
Inova microlights ... twice ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

that's the most expensive light i've lost, lucky me, keep my finger crossed

d'mo

Enlightened
My three year old daughter hides lights all the time. Every one that is accessable to her now has a glow ring attached to make it easier to find them, even at the bottom of the black-hole toy box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I did lose an orange glow ring at a flea market in South Carolina. Two years later, it still hurts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lost 2 Keylux N-cells. I am on my third right now...and come to think of it, I am not sure where that one is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Curtis

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was not able to find my royal blue Arc-LS before I moved, so yes, I consider it lost now.
The garbage man (or dust man for those in the UK) has long since picked it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif :/ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif :/ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

jaa

Newly Enlightened
Ouch. Painful stories. Sympathies.

I lost a SL Jr. Lux. Not an expensive light, but this one had a great tint, made my UK 4AA eLED even greener than it is.

d'mo

Enlightened
Cornkid, an objects value depends on the value the owner holds for it, not for the monitary cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I hate losing things, especially when I have little money to replace them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
6D black M@g, modded by Elektrolumenswith a brilliant aqua Luxeon -- stolen last spring, along with my '83 Toyota 4x4 wsagon, Yakima Rocket Box, and 30 years' collection of photography, surveying and camping gear (and all the paper data from 15 years of a 40 acre botanical restoration project). I got the car back, engine blown, everything takeable stripped, months later.

>And may I say, at this point, how grateful I am to all those who, over the years, advised me to BACK UP EVERYTHING -- all the handwritten paper data and maps and charts I lost had already been put through the scanner and is on several hard drives and CDs in several places, so anything short of a moderately large asteroid strike will leave some copy untouched<

Arc LS with pushbutton switch, possibly from checked airline luggage last summer (Denver to SFO), but I really can't be sure, didn't realize it was missing til weeks after the flight (also missing, in the same missing small nylon bag, a silver Handspring Edge PDA, and a Pentax Zoom 35-105 camera.

Somewhere in the piles-to-file I may have serial numbers, sigh. I sure miss my reliable little 4x4 with its 'granny gear' for creeping up steep hills and engine-braking back down.