Just got back from Target

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from Target and man, do they have a lot of flashlights! At that location anyway. I haven't been inside a Target since the week of Christmas last year. I've seen a few comments on here about how some locations have many more options that other locations but this one had a bunch. Dorcy 1xAAA, 1xAA with 3 LEDs, 2xAA with 4 LEDs, Dorcy 3xAAA Luxeon several other lesser Dorcy lights. They also had in a different section about six or seven models of Coast/V2 lights under the Eddie Bauer name. And you can try several of them out before buying. I compared the 8 or 9 Luxeon 3xN lights they had in stock and two were definately brighter than the others.

And this wasn't one of the larger Targets in the Indianapolis area either.

Alas, all I got were some AAA batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Soundchaser

Newly Enlightened
Here in Powder Springs, GA, the local Target seems to have only Garrity, Eveready, etc.

I'd love to get a firsthand look at some of the Dorcy models.

(Thanks for the answered PM. I may have a couple more questions, which I will send in a reply PM. Thanks again)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
we have two Target stores here.... regular target has almost no LED lights other than the vector 5led, some headlamps and various button cell type ones. No dorcys whatsoever.
The other store is a *Super* Target and has all the dorcy stuff I think.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Super target here has a bunch of lights, including a Luxeon Lux I lead powered, 1 123 flashlight. It looked cool.

-tom

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
our target carries lot's of gerber knive's, multi tool's including one package with a sonic in it. i wish they would just sell the damn lite's gerb make's too,(evene if the are ruined now). I wouldn't mind not mailing away for a small keychain light or infinity ultra for gift's. VDG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, they had quite a few Gerber and Kershaw knives as well.

I don't think this is even a Super Target though it is attached to a mall.

Weird how stocks change so much within a single chain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, this particular Target has the 'normal' lights in the camping section (I think there were cookstoves and air mattresses on the aisle) and another aisle that was pretty much just 'cool executive gift' type items. But they were only about 3 or 4 aisles away from one another.

I also didn't see any PR bulbs at all and I wanted to get a couple 3 cell Mag bulbs. But they did have both the old and the new MiniMag bulbs. I didn't look in automotive... Who woulda thunk they'd have lights in THREE aisles!

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The Super target here has a bunch of lights, including a Luxeon Lux I lead powered, 1 123 flashlight. It looked cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cornkid- Could you gives us just a tad more details about the 1 X 123 Luxeon? I was just about to run over to Sharper Image and add one of their new Luxeon lights with simillar sounding specs. But I also have about 5 Target stores within 20 minutes in any direction! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif So if Target is now all of a sudden carrying a small-size 1 watt Luxeon, I'd sure like to know about it. (The only two Luxeons of which I've been aware being carried by Target are the Dorcy 1 watt, and the special edition, Eddie Bauer Luxeon).

han

Newly Enlightened
ya..i agree,, hey cornkind...How much was that light!!,, im not payin 40(which i did already) for a light with the same size and LED for less!!

thatguy

Newly Enlightened
Maybe as a Target employee I can clear up a few things. Without going into our organizational and distribution structure or differences in store layouts and sizes, I can tell you that yes, unfortunately the flashlight selection does vary greatly by store.

That said, we could put together a list of item numbers and descriptions of each of these lights, and you could each refer to the list and then just call your local Target stores and read them the item numbers of the lights you wanted. Any employee on the floor with a scanner could tell you in seconds if that store carries that model. What do you think?

Just check the shelf label, and under the price you'll find a number in the following format: XXX-XX-XXXX This is a Department, Class, Item number and will be a bit more meaningful to any employees you wil call than a UPC.

And don't forget, they are in home improvement, sporting goods with the camping stuff, automotive, and perhaps even in the temporary holiday gift section which is recognizable by all the items being similarly packaged.

Hope this helps, and I'll start getting some numbers after my shift tonight so you can check your local stores without having to drive to several different stores.

s0crates82

Newly Enlightened
I was a TPS, and can verify everything that 'thatguy' said.

pretty well put, actually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
>list of item numbers and descriptions of each of these lights, and
>you could each refer to the list and
>then just call your local Target stores and
>read them the item numbers of the lights you wanted.
>
>Any employee on the floor with a scanner could tell ...

FANTASTIC. Can we arrange a page here we could just print out, bar codes and all, and carry THAT in to show to the store scanner?

Yum. A Target just opened just down the hill a ways, an easy walk.
And the scan-and-plan approach is the only one I'd trust, to stay focused.

*Retired*
I actually had a Target employee and his department manager, that they took product I was looking for that was on sale and put it back in the stock room. This was after I cornered them from looking at their computer screen. No, they would not get me one from the stock room...

Now that Target divorced the Salvation Army, I shop only the loss leader sale items.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
BigLots now has Salvation army there now, in fact I was amused they had a bell ringer there last time I was there because the salvation army store is right next door to it.