Mini-Mag AAA

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doing my usual hunt for lights while in Home Depot, I saw a package that contained a 2AA and a 2AAA with accesories from Maglight. Being the tightwad that I am, $14.95 was more than I wanted to pay for another AA light that I did'nt need, but I would have bought the AAA if sold alone. Has anyone seen the AAA? Maybe I should go back and buy it. I only saw it in blue.
grin.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen the 2-AAA Maglite sold here and there. But given how much better the Princeton Tec and UKE 2-AAA lights are, I'd suggest you consider them as well. The UKE 2-AAA side-by-side is so small it fits in a watch pocket.

Joe

kb0rrg

Enlightened
Stay away from the 2AAA. I would recommend a photon instead, it your willing to go a bit bigger, a Princeton Tec Blast is a good choice too. My 2AAA is unreliable and dim. The beam consists of a single ring.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Photon III in blue. REALLY don't like it. I thinking of who I can give it to for a gift. A little better than the trash can, which is choice #2.
tongue.gif
frown.gif

So i,m back to a tight beam hunt. Maybe the turtle I. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
grin.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
UKE 2AAA has a tigher beam than the Princeton Tec 2AAA. Beam quality is not incredible quality on any of these lights. I think the 2AAA has a pretty good hotspot, with enough light around it to keep it useful.

Joe

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Phred,
I saw those lights too in our Home Depot and noticed that the AAA minimag had a pocket clip and wondered if it would work on my ARC-AAA. I just couldn't justify buying it for the clip. Does anyone know if it will work? One could probably be ordered from Maglite.
Clint

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kb0rrg:
Stay away from the 2AAA. I would recommend a photon instead, it your willing to go a bit bigger, a Princeton Tec Blast is a good choice too. My 2AAA is unreliable and dim. The beam consists of a single ring.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there,
Suggest you get a new element/bulb for your UKE-2AAA, (NDS, Brightguy et.al.) The xenon elements that I've used aren't E2 quality, but with decent batteries should give you a really nice strong spot, -(with NO rings), and certainly 8-10x as strong as ANY Photon. -Your present one is possibly defective maybe??
p.s.-I don't too much like the beam smoothness on my Princeton Rage, as powerful as it is,-so is the beam on the Blast very smooth?
Regards,
Doug

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Kogatana,
Thanks for the info on maglite accessories.
Clint

Brock

Flashaholic
I would also suggest the UKE 2 AAA, it is much brighter then even a 2 AA minimag. It is also smaller and lighter, and completly waterproof. The only think I don't like about it is the clear lamp housing, so you do get some spill back towards your eyes. The Princeton Tec Blast is another nice 2 AAA light.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks All. Looks like I need to buy them all. In,re to the Photon III, my dislikes are: No click on, the features are difficult to impossible to use and wide beam. The output is nice. I might look to buy a Photon II Covert.
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ccrowder:
Phred,
I saw those lights too in our Home Depot and noticed that the AAA minimag had a pocket clip and wondered if it would work on my ARC-AAA. I just couldn't justify buying it for the clip. Does anyone know if it will work? One could probably be ordered from Maglite.
Clint
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Clint,
I just read this thread today & just got my ARC AAA today, so I took the clip off my Mag 2AAA (that I've carried in my pocket 5 days a week since 1988) to see if it fits. It fits as though it were made for it.
Tex