Luxeon Competitors?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Luxeons are the brightest leds out there right now, right? Are there any other companies planning on releasing a similar or better product? In an industry such as this, there is hardly ever one company so far ahead of the rest. I should like to think that there are other companies that are at least trying to produce comparable items.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what about them? They are working on a comparable led? do you have any details?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
what about them? They are working on a comparable led? do you have any details?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As I remember Nichia called it the 10X a few months ago.

This high-flux LED is claimed to be a little less powerful than the Luxeon 1 Watt. That's about it....

McGizmo

Flashaholic
see HERE

Certainly behind on their release date but the white promises to have a slightly higher Lumen output than Luxeon 1w. More significant will be the color consistancy, bin identification, beam pattern and of course thermal output and price. The square housing will fit nicely in round holes !!?!?

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Well it may be square, but did you see its dimensions in the pdf file on their site PDF. It looks to be approx 3/8" square(ish). That's pretty small, could still easily fit in many mods, IMHO. Given their dimensions, the diagonal would measure 13.3 mm, enough clearance for a fit into a mini mag.
e-

McGizmo

Flashaholic
E,

I agree completely and look forward to gettting my hands on one of these. I do think that redirection of the photons will require the LED residing within the focal plane of a reflector and the square base will require a larger access hole than the Luxeon does. Not insurmountable and brobably not a big deal.

- Don

BON

Newly Enlightened
Recently,
I heard that power10X-LED of NICHIA were a sale schedule in about August, next year.

BON
flashlight_en.gif
http://www.flashlight-fan.com/

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
These sound perfect for use in a PALight.

James Meyer.... are you out there ?
smile.gif

Latest posts