Any 1D lights modded or normal?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any lights that run on 1D battery? I understand that this certain design is unique (and interesting to me) but is there such a thing? how about a cut down Mag 2D? or even a single C cell light? I have also heard that Wayne from EL was working on something. I recall it was a blaster JR with a boost or step up or something.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a M*g 1C (cut down 2C) from fivemega. You could PM him and see if he'll make you one. The 1C easily holds 2 C123's or 1 Pila 168. I've got a bunch of different bulbs on order to try with these two power sources.

Right now I'm running 2 C123's, MOP PMR, UCL, and a 3 cell M*g Xenon replacement bulb. Not bad at all, but I know I can do better. The goal is to turn this small M*g light into a sleeper of a throw king.

I used to be a M*g despiser too until I started modding them. Now I'm a M*g lover. I've got a 3x3w led Mag, hot wire M*gs, and HID M*gs.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another alternative - If you cut a standard mag to a 1 D, then use a Li D from SAFT (HDS Systems sells them) The Li D is 3 volt nominal, and has lots of wh. Then any 2 D bulb or adapter can work with it. (of course, it will cost you around $ 15 for the cell)

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blue_Shortened_Mag2D_pic_01.jpg

Mag1D LuxIII TV0J DB700, blue glow ring, sputtered reflector (Darkzero) running on 4AA in a modded Chief Wiggum 4AA to D adapter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:

Mag1D LuxIII TV0J DB700, blue glow ring, sputtered reflector (Darkzero) running on 4AA in a modded Chief Wiggum 4AA to D adapter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Icarus, where did you get the blue glow ring and how does it attach to the Mag.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The glow ring is made by mixing glow powder into clear (slow overnight curing) epoxy which is applied to the pedestal of the hotlips / O-sink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif