Dirt cheap LED flashlights!

welphd

Newly Enlightened
I came cross this site and found some incredible prices on some seemingly nice lights. One of them, a 3AAA, is only $5.97 and seems well constructed. Anyone ordered from them before? Is this legit?

HERE (use search)

Check out this one

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the light FL308 locally for $10. It have alot of room for modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from CheaperThanDirt many times. I have had very good service and products from them. They are generally the catalogue I go to first when I want to buy the sort of things they sell. Just my $0.02.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have ordered from cheaper then dirt too. I like them. I wouldn't buy a flashlight from them though. Most have been reported as lower quality.

But for other things I have had good expieriances. I have several knives and other things from them. Good prices.

capnal

Enlightened
I am fortunate to have my office less than 1 mile from the CTD physical building. I have both of those lights. And, believe it or not, I wish I didn't. Both are not even worht the money for them. I have them doing garage duty hanging on a nail outside the door from the kitchen to the garage. Poor build quality. Poor performance. Both of them require a bit of knocking against my hand to get them to stay lit.

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
welphd said:
I came cross this site and found some incredible prices on some seemingly nice lights. One of them, a 3AAA, is only $5.97 and seems well constructed. Anyone ordered from them before? Is this legit?

HERE (use search)

Check out this one

[/ QUOTE ]

This one's made by Ningbo Rapid International, a bargain-basement Chinese manufacturer. As noted elsewhere in CPF, their products are cheap but of mediocre quality...this light is widely available on the web for proces ranging from $4.95 to as high as $19.95- I'd stay away from it.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Hm.

I bought this light from another online outfit not too long ago and I'm fairly satisfied with it ($20 is a bit much for a mag knockoff, but the light is acceptably solid). I reviewed this light here.

The same outfit was selling this light as well for $10 and I nearly got it just because it looked so neat (and was allegedly made from stainless steel).

tracker870

Enlightened
I have purchased from CTD a few times. It's best to wait for their "clearance price" sales, then the steep shipping doesn't seem too bad. I have a black tactical xenon 2xCR123 that I got from CTD maybe ~4 yrs back. It has tons of artifacts, scratches in the plastic lens, but still works fine. It resides in a drawer, taking the backseat to my Surefires.

Heabob

Newly Enlightened
If it's the 8 Led, 3AAA Model, Get a Black one, they look
a little nicer than silver.
Made out of pot-metal, pretty bright, and white.
I've recieved about 40 of these, they sold like hotcakes
at work, giving away some for X-Mas. Free shipping over
$150.00
Can't beat the price, good for a beat around light,
going to put a Lux III in one soon.
Gotta find a reflector for it yet.