Need flashlight help/info

valduck84

Newly Enlightened
I know absolutely nothing about flashlights and my boyfriend wants one for christmas. He said something about led or xenon. He wants something bright with a tight light that shines for a long distance. I've tried to do some research but I'm having a hard time finding someting in my price range. If anyone has any suggestions about a good light that's relatively easy to find and around $50-75 that would be awesome.

valduck84

Newly Enlightened
awesome. thanks for the advice. if you have any more to offer i would really appreciate it.

valduck84

Newly Enlightened
I think i should add that he has his ccw permit. i'm not sure that he necessarily wants one to attach but i think he wants something small that's easy to carry around, in a pocket for instance.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Juts in case you didn't see it, here's a picture of how the light looks.

Blaster_II_1744_Beamshot.jpg

vtunderground

Enlightened
Well, you've come to the right place! Here are a few suggestions:

Pelican M6 LED ($45)
Inova T2 ($45)
Inova T3 ($55)
from Batterystation.com

These all use CR123 batteries (which are a bit expensive in stores), so it'd be nice of you to order him a few extra batteries while you're at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

I asked my girlfriend for a flashlight for Christmas, but she said it wouldn't be romantic enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Hey, you beat me by 4 seconds vtunderground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dsl

Newly Enlightened
try the streamlight tl2 bright good for long distance and you can get it for about $45.00. Then You have a little extra for some 123 batteries you can order them from surefire.com or batterystation.com
Good luck

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Valduck! You should consider the Streamlight Twintask series of lights, as they have BOTH Xenon and Led in one light, so I guess you can't go wrong there! Here is a link you can go to check out a review. Price range should be well within what you're willing to spend. The 3 AA version should be good, as the batteries are common and cheap to get. The 1L or 2L (Lithium CR123 cells) are brighter, have a longer storage life but are more expensive to replace. However, many links here on CPF will show you where you can get cheap Lithium batteries anyway...

Else, to really impress him, a Surefire G2 is cheap and really bright for its size. Downside is that the Lamp assembly might be more expensive to replace, and it uses Lithium batts as well.

The rest of the lights that others have mentioned earlier are pretty good choices too, by the way, just depends on your choice...

Good luck, and tell your b/f he's a lucky guy, I think many of us here wish we had supportive g/fs or wives who would actually buy us lights!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

makar

Enlightened
i really like my sure fire e2e. If you want to buy it new it would be on the upper edge of yor budget. But if a like new in box one from the buy/sell/trade forum in this forum. Here is a nice offer.

another cool light for the money is a nuwai Q-III.
cool offer for 2 lights shipped is here. (You should also have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) Best price for one should be at countycomm. pics and review.

the e2e is incandescent (read: longer throw) the quantum is a led luxeon III light (read: very bright, higher colour temperature).

i think in your privce range these are very good buys.
marc

Pablo

Newly Enlightened
Hi,Valduck!You can visit our website www.smartthree.com and you will find all 1 watt led flashlights price are not more usd15.00.And we have many kinds of torches for your refer.