Cell Phones Verizon vs Alltel

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used Alltel for two years. It seems that the best providers in this area, Southern NM, are Alltel and Verizon.
Now that my contract is about to expire, I am thinking of changing.
I have more drop-outs that I think I should.

Any opinions as to the two carriers?

Jerry

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had Verizon for many, many years. Always been happy. Go to Verizon website and check their coverage map, if it looks good, might give them a call to see what they offer in your area.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Verizon is not perfect, but my Dad in Phoenix has Alltel and has a lot more problems. I can use my tri-mode phone on the Verizon network almost anywhere in the US. I seldom get dropped.

Now if they could get some decent customer service people in their stores....

Daniel

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for Verizon here. I switched from both Nextel and ATT. I have been very happy with them, although two cans and a string would have been an improvement over Nextel.

The company I was with tried Alltel for a short while. It was OK, but still had too many drop out problems and bad sound. Verizon seems to be solid with very few drop outs compared to others that I have tried.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies. I am going to wait awhile until I want a new phone. There seems to be a move away from Motorola, but I do know anything about the new brands.

I also wish I could get one that just was a telephone, and not have so much junk. I sure don't want a camera phone. It might scare those I talk to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any comments re brands of cell phones would be helpful.

Jerry

K A

Enlightened
I have been recently looking at getting a cellphone with Cingular here. I stumbled across a website called PhoneScoop that will let you compare phones, read user reviews, looking at Carriers, etc.. Try looking over there for peoples opinions?