Peak Everest and "Snow" LEDs

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Everest and \"Snow\" LEDs

I recently got one of these guys in the 7 LED, high power configuration. In brass because, well, brass is cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . Anyway, when I took it out to the garage for my highly scientific "light up the garage door and see what it looks like" test, while the brightness was pretty darn good, the hue was noticably blue. Thinking it was my eyes, I took out my Streamlight JR Luxeon and shined it next to the Peaks' pool of light. Yep - the SL is whiter, although in the confines of the garage the two beams looked awfully similar in terms of divergence and intensity.

Since I deliberately chose the "Snow" option, I was surprised, especially in light of the ongoing "Luxeon Lottery" discussion - did I just get lucky with my Streamlight? It's also whiter than my Blaster 3P - in fact, it's the whitest of my 4 Luxeon lights. I also chose the high power option for the Peak, and wonder if that contributed to the blueness of the light?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: Peak Everest and \"Snow\" LEDs

Hello MikeLip,

I have compared numerous ARC AAA's with the PEAK Snow LED's and, while still having a bit of blue in them, the Snow LED's always come out whiter than the ARC's.

My ARC LSH-P's blow the Snow LED's away in tint (and light output), but comparing the Snow's to other 5mm LED's has the Snow LED's closer to white.

It sounds like you got an excellent SL Jr.

Tom