Dead Arc AAA-Need advice-Repair/Trade/Sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledlurker

Enlightened
My mom's caregiver AAA is kaput as of last week. It is a standard Arc of the old design with letters wrapped around the barrel with the plain interior (no gold. It is very scratched up since it is EDC on a massive set of keys for over 2 years.

What are my options?

1. Is it worth sending to someone worth repairing? (not looking to mod it)

2. Can it be traded for a new Peak AAA since Arc are percieved a little more valuable? I am willing to drop a little cash but not much

3. Just sell it and live with it. What can I get for it, not lnowing what is wrong.

I honest do not know what is wrong. My Le head works fine that standard barrel. I guess something got knocked loose or a part failed.

What do you think??

ledlurker

Enlightened
yep did all of the usual maintainance. It has always had to almost fully seat in order to turn on. I have been looking at it for the last few minutes. It looks like I need to add some solder to the positive nipple. It also looks like the series before the roll crimp all the way around and maybee the PCB has separated. I think I will try to do a little soldering and repair. I will have to be carefull since all I have is a 30Watt non adjustable iron. Over all I would say the design is not very robust. I had my LE fixed under warrenty and now this one I gave as a gift is acting up

cy

Flashaholic
usually ARC AAA's are very robust. Please see AAA maintence thread in ARC faq.

I've got a working AAA head. Please PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.