Nuwai ALX-032L 3w lux, 3 power levels: Reviews?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Looks like a nice light....3 output levels, regulated and will take re-chargable 123's!

It appears to me that someone at Nuwai watches the CPF!!!

davidra

Enlightened
I've ordered one...free shipping with a $50 order at Goldengadgets.

davidra

Enlightened
It's the size of the XM-3, and that's a 2AA light. I won't mind the size....it'll be in my glove compartment if the throw is decent.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
davidefromitaly said [the alx-032l is the lux-III version of the alx-352l (lux-V)

nice light but too big for me... 17cm long, more than a SL TL-3 and like a surefire 8x... ]

The Streamlight TL-3 (3AA Lux1) is much longer than the ALX-032L - 21.4cm compared to 16.9cm.

Ah, now I see that davidefromitaly was referring to the SL TL-3 Xenon which has 3 CR123 and is 16.6cm long, which is shorter than the ALX-032L.

David

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LightObsession said:
Anybody know anything about this light? Nuwai ALX-032L 3w lux, 3 power levels. Any first hand knowleledge or experience or recommendations?
David Thanks for any insights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just left a message for the Nuwai rep....he prob will call me back today. This is a brand new light; my guess is that it prob uses the same circuit (or made by same mfgr) as the TM-115x- reviewed here web page
the body shape is even similar- the lights are basically the same diameter, but this one is 39mm longer (a little more than an inch) and they are listed as having the same lumens output in high brightness mode.... I'll post as soon as I hear anything

davidra

Enlightened
I just don't like the form factor of the TM-115X. The head looks huge compared to the size of the body. I don't think the new one can be focused (at least none of the descriptions say it can). And there's that extra level with the ALX-032L. Hopefully I'll get it within a week and post a report.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
Thanks Guys,

Because of this thread I checked out both the 3 and the 5 watt versions, and they look ok. But I was thinking could these lights be the poor mans version of the surefire U2. I noted that they are larger and heavier than the surfire. Obviously too much for warm weather edc. Also some people think 6 different outputs are not necessary. Of course the U2 has the better tailcap switch, and no doubt better quality.

steve_vance

Enlightened
I heard from the Nuwai rep at about 6:00 PM today....he more or less affirmed Advancedmart's presumption that the ALX-032 and HLX-712 (headlamp) share circuitry...in fact one could almost say that the ALX-032 is the flashlight version of the HLX-712 headlamp....hence an almost identical price.He said he hasn't received any yet (he only handles the "small" accounts; Advancedmart and Goldengadgets evidently buy direct and therefore received theirs first).He confirmed that it is a brand new model, it only went on sale (to the dealers) a few weeks ago.I ordered several, and believe that it will be a great light. I for one am really impressed with Nuwai's ability to bringing state-of-the-art, good quality LED lights to market at a reasonable price

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to everyone for your input. My understanding is that no-one has actually held one of these and checked one out. I'd specifically like to know how the beam compares to other lights like the Streamlight 2L 3w Luxeon or any other light that has a posted review with beam shots so I can make a comparison before ordering.

Thanks,

David