mod'd kl4 voltage??

knifebright

Enlightened
mod\'d kl4 voltage??

Hey all
I could use some help here from the experienced modd'r. I just replaced the emmitter in my kl4. First reason was mine was pretty green from surefire. I went with a TYOU as i love the cooler tints. I was wondering on the U binned voltage (Max 7.35) could i run it with two R123s. The max voltage would be 8volts but there is a voltage drop when they are in the light down to about 7.5. I know many don't like r123's but could i run this safely (safe for the emmiter as i understand the risks overall with li-ion). thanks
jimmy

knifebright

Enlightened
Re: mod\'d kl4 voltage??

never mind this using bare li-ion in a series. I had a weird voltage change happen that scared me strait. I have to say though being a newbie at this modd'ng thing I'm amazed at the tint variations within the same bins. I recent'y used two vyou luxv's and one is reletively blue and the other that i put in my kl4 is really white with a hint of aqua. Ahh the simple things that amaze us newbies. Also my kl4 is generating a lot less heat and running much brighter for much longer in the tw4 configuration.
jimmy