My Computer Shrunk ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
My Computer Shrunk?

Today, I had to reinstall my Windows operating system, and now all the graphics and images on my LCD screen are about 25% smaller than before.

Anyone have any idea on how to restore my computer screen images to their proper size?

Thanks.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya proably want a lower resoltion btw it will make icons and screen apear biger

14C

Enlightened
You'll want to search for a driver for your LCD screen.

Once you have located a device driver for the monitor open Computer Management/Device Manager and go to the Monitor Icon. Click on the Monitor Icon then click Properties.

Choose the Driver tab and the Upgrade Driver Wizard should start. Click Next and choose Search for a suitable Device Driver. Point to the location of the driver you have on CD or have saved to a folder on your system then just complete the install and you should be back in business.

If you do not have a floppy or CD with the driver for your LCD you can search the manufaturers WWW site or Google using the model number of the LCD and you should be able to find and download one. Save it to a temp folder and unzip it if it's zipped. Some manufacturers provide an installer (.exe file) that will run and do all of this for you.

If you are not sure what the file is you downloaded do NOT run it without scanning it with your Anti Virus program first.

Glenn

Enlightened
For LCD Displays:

17 inch monitors the resolution is 1280x1024, and the 15" is 1024x768.
Those are native resolutions. usually any other res than native can cause bluriness or distortion or other types of display probs with lcds like ghosting and such for fast moving objects.

Glenn

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glenn has the resolution correct. But there's more. At this resolution, everything is displayed too small for most people.

The solution is to go to the screen resolution window, and click on Advanced. Change the DPI setting to Large size. If your are really adventurous, you can use the Custom setting.

When you change this, XP will pop up all kinds of warnings. Ignore them and just click Okay. Ignore all warnings about having to find new fonts, etc. I think you do have to re-boot for the settings to take effect.

If you don't know how to get to the screen resolution window: Right click on desktop. Click Properties > Settings.