Powerful lithium area light?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I went ahead and ordered a Lionheart. I'm cranked for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. However, let's face it - a flood type light is often very useful, and usually for me even more useful than a tight beam light. Want to try changing a tire in the rain with a 1 degree beam light that burns holes in your rims? Right now I have a Tektite Trek 7 which throws a nice wide pool of light, and which seems to be able to take pretty much anything I throw at it. But what's to stop me from investigating something else? Preferably something that runs from lithiums, so it can live in the car all winter. Size is fairly important - pocket carryable would be cool, but not required. However a 500W quartz stand light just won't fit in my Saturns' map pocket!

And of course, coolness is always a priority. Like I said, I have the Tektite. TIA

Mike

gessner17

Enlightened
The lense shop that built the Lionheart lenses is also selling some light difusing lense for it, be a nice addition to the LH if you like flood. I ordered one, we will see how it is as soon as I get my LH.

I had an L4, definately the best small flood light I have ever seen.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool - I just went to the SureFire site, and they don't describe the beam - except to say it's perfect, and bright. Well, duh - figured that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I figured a SureFire would be concerned with throw, but then I'm still a newbie.

gessner17

Enlightened
L4 doesn't have much throw but as other people say, it is a complete wall of light, dang close to 180' of light, it is actually quite amazing, a real crowd pleaser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14C

Enlightened
You might want to check the B/S/T forum. oldgrandpajack had some for sale there.

I might be putting one up there in a few days too.

They pop up there off and on along with a good variety of other lights.

EDIT:

I see you figured that out...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Erik Johnson

Newly Enlightened
L4 with beam diffuser is killer. I have mine running off of the shorter Pila 150s using a Balrog body 1.5E (with stock L4 head and tail). The beam shaper smooths the beam out completely (wasn't too bad to start with).

I will look into a diffuser lense for my Lionheart HA3. Anyone know what size lens to order from flashlightlens, for a LH? Luckily I ordered more than one LH, so I can keep one with the diffuser, and the other two for throw (yes, I went overboard - and don't regret it).

Erik.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
You might want to check the B/S/T forum. oldgrandpajack had some for sale there.

I might be putting one up there in a few days too.

They pop up there off and on along with a good variety of other lights.

EDIT:

I see you figured that out...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Thanks!

Mike

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Erik Johnson said:
I will look into a diffuser lense for my Lionheart HA3. Anyone know what size lens to order from flashlightlens, for a LH? Luckily I ordered more than one LH, so I can keep one with the diffuser, and the other two for throw (yes, I went overboard - and don't regret it).

Erik.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check their CPF Specials page - the LH lens is a special-made lens.