do you fear death?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont at all realy but i sure fear be burried im so afraid they may bury me.i want to be creamted. i think of this sometimes . lol i told my dad if he burries my i will haunt him

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick death, I don't fear.

A slow death that is painful and debilitating I do fear.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as it's meaningful and that I have done my part for those that I care for, I only see honor and glory in death...

That was what that giant green warrior dude in that video game said; me, I have flashlights, a portable radio and emergency escape tools in my backpack. What does that tell you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
At times I would welcome it. Most of the time I don't give it any thought and hope it is a good ways aways. I spend more time dealing with my fear of life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif I would guess that my biggest concern with death is a matter of timing! I like the concept I have seen and heard of Native American's purportedly stating that it is a good day to die and then going off and passing on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I hope it isn't just fiction but likely it is or not something most of us have any real control over. As I have aged, I have discovered that there are many things about the aging process that just plain suck! I suspect that at some point death may be embraced and welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

w0mbatinoz

Newly Enlightened
I am enjoying living to much to want it to end. So much to see and experience.
I guess when I am at the age when I need to wear a nappy and can't do anything for myself I will feel differently.
Like 357, when it happens amke it fast, not like in a plane crash from 35K feet.
When I was electrocuted a couple of years ago, I remebember being really mad and thinking A: Let go (of the thing that was zapping me) B: Awww Crap, not yet.

w0mbatinoz

Newly Enlightened
For McGizmo. My Grandma, at 87 was out with some of her girlfriends at a bingo hall. She won the biggest pot of her life and was so very happy. She shared it with the girls she was with and at the end of the night they went to catch the coach home. The last thing she said as they all waited at the stop was "What a beautiful night." She sat down on the bench and passed on.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
I spend more time dealing with my fear of life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly.

the thought of death doesn't bother me (unless it involves suffering or someone else doing the dying), it's more the thought of not doing everything i want to do in life b4 i die. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
i dont at all realy but i sure fear be burried im so afraid they may bury me.i want to be creamted. i think of this sometimes . lol i told my dad if he burries my i will haunt him

[/ QUOTE ]

Raggie, don't be concerned about getting buried alive. When they embalm ya and stick that big needle in ya to slurp out the organs and body goo you'll wake up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol britt. ill wake up and say yo quervo taco bell and bite the embowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
A quick death, I don't fear.

A slow death that is painful and debilitating I do fear.

[/ QUOTE ]

To give examples, I hope when my time comes its in my sleep and I don't even notice a thing, or at the very least is near instant.

My big fear is getting mangled in a car crash and dying slowly, or getting a cancer that slowly and painfully leads to being bed-ridden and useless before dying.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well my wish is to be a hero when i die well not so much to be a hero but to done something to help others.i mean if ya are going to die might as well be to help others

14C

Enlightened
My wish..to date (it has changed) is for them to take everything worth it to anyone...any organs that will help...and there might not be many...:), then cremate the rest. then use it to fertilize a tree...maybe put it in a hole and plant a tree over it.

As far as how to go..i have no idea.....i know i'd like it to be in some herculean effort to help someone but so few people have that opportunity.

I have dealt with death close and far and very close recently and still can not make any sense of it.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i do fear death (after all im only 12) but i dont want to be buried either. take me useful stuff, cremate me then bury the ashes. just dont bury me! i dont wanna rot!

neg

14C

Enlightened
Remember and think about the question in 10 years neg.
Then again every 10 years until you are 100 years old)I hope).

14C

Enlightened
No..warriors are not afraid to die because they know that they are making a better life for the ones they leave behind.

Nice Sentiment.

Warriors are AFRAID to die like anyone else. BUT they are WILLING to die to make a better world.

I WILL NOT discuss the POLITICS of this.