**Nuwai QIII vs. Arc 4 & Arc LS**

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing a LuxIII with a LuxI? I wouldn't - even the Arc 4 was only rated for up to like 19-24 lumens, IIRC, which a good Q-III could easily beat at ~40 lumens.

The Arc 4's main drawing point was that it was versatile in what batteries you could put in, and it had a lot of user-modes to vary brightness, type of illumination, to strobe and so on. The Arc LS's was that it was SMALL - smaller than the Q-III. The runtimes on both the LS and the Arc 4 will be superior due to the lower current used to power the LuxI, with two hours at full brightness being the Arc LS's expected runtime before it drops into moon-mode for another hour.

'The candle that burns brightly burns shorter' and all that.

nonbox

Banned
The advantage of the QIII is the price; it's $38.50 compared to the inflated prices of the Arc if you can even find one. I prefer the Arc form factor over the QIII.

Any one have comparison beam shots?

http://free.hostdepartment.com/n/nonbox00

cy

Flashaholic
truth in lumens says Q3 is closer to 25 lumens

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
truth in lumens says Q3 is closer to 25 lumens

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a trade magazine or something... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting - is it just that one sample, or did they test a bunch of them? The Q-III's are pretty prone to the Luxeon Lottery, and my Q-III easily has twice the output of my Flik LS:1, which is rated for 19 lumens. I saw an Arc 4+ tonight, rated for 30 lumens, and it didn't look any brighter than my Q-III.. and actually, it looked a wee bit dimmer, though I didn't have mine on me to compare.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Does the QIII packaging state the actual lumens?

[/ QUOTE ]

The packaging says "up to 75 lumens", so it's not very helpful :)

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
The actual packaging says '75 lumens', but they're being VERY optimistic, since I don't think I've even HEARD of a Q-III which had a LuxIII with a high enough flux (T-bin or higher) combined with a low-enough voltage (J or K-bin) yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My model is half that or a bit over, but it's not 75 lumens I've compared it with other LuxIII lights with known T-bins in them, and those outdo it.