I might be needing a German Translator

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF,

I might possibly be needing a German Translator. I have a customer in Germany that has made a purchase and is asking me a question and I found that he does not speak english. I want to make sure I get his question answered but the language barrier is making it hard for me to understand the questions.

I have also not been on CPF as much as usual lately due to a lot of things I have been trying to get done. If you can help translate for me I will check PMs once a day.

It is likely that I wont have the time to be out here posting again until Wednesday since I am playing catchup on things.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would http://babel.altavista.com be any good?

It spouts gibberish some of the time but I find that with languages like German, it`s coherant enough to understand and even compose a semi-decent reply with.

Worth a try perhaps.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I understand what the customer is saying. He placed a second order that did not arrive after 14 days to Germany. Tailcaps for a previous order.

I am going to go ahead and ship the items again and trust that that what he it trying to comunicate to me.

If it turns out that that is not his request. I will jump in here and ask for help again.

I called him and he couldn't speak to me due to not understanding english. He is sending e-mails in broken English however and I think I understand now.

Thanks for the help guys.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is one of the results of using a Translator from his end. It seems they are not perfect by I can understand this last message clearly.

"everything clearly my translator does not translate unfortunately so exactly
if one is age version. There it happens, which one do not read it right
can. Does me sorry."

I am going to trust that he did not recieve goods so I am resending.

Where are all the CPFers from Germany when ya need them most. LOL.

Perhaps one of them can PM me and send this message on the the customer "I think that you are telling me the order did not arrive. I am reshipping the order to you" I don't want to reveal who the person is but I do not think they are on CPF. I will only reveal it to a German speaking CPFer who will help.

It seems the translation programs are not ready for prime time yet.

Thanks again guys.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
or me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

paulr

Flashaholic
Jon, instead of posting the garbled translator output, try posting the German original text.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the offers to help. I send and PM to Klaus since he was first on the list. All of you speak very good English so I know that any of you would have been very helpful.

Thanks Guys.

paulr>The reason that I didn't send it in German was that he was sending me the messages after using a translation program of his own. I was able to get that part of the message. I was getting the English Version of the message but could still not figure it out for sure.