Surefire L2 opinions?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of purchasing a Surefire L2-HA-WH, any opinions would be helpful.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good light. The two stage switch is really handy, and no-nonsense.

The beam is very floodlike and seems more useful then the current KL-1 head module for the E-series lights.

The pocket clip is nice,also.

The only issue I had with it is the body length is too big for me to throw the light in a pocket, but that's more of a personal issue.

-dan

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reflector and beam shape are the same in both settings. Only the amount of light changes. L2 is more flood than spot, though it's throw is more than enough for me. The switch is very comfortable and functional.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The L2 is the best (most useful) and most ideal EDC flashlights I've ever used. I don't have an issue with the length. I thought I would before I got one but it's not an issue. On this flashlight the longer pocketclip is better. It's very well balanced for pocketclipped carry.

I find I don't need to lock it out for carry. I do have to LockOut the L4 and E2e+KL1 etc.

If I had to start from scratch and had no flashlights it is without a doubt the first flashlight I would buy.

Al

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings fellow photon fiend!

My L2 is my most practical light. I use for night walks and around the house. Also it is my favorite camping light. It is a tad bit long so I don't typically EDC it. In my line of work "throw" is king. The flood type light is great. And the hi-beam setting will really light up what's in front of you. The battery endurance on low beam is quite impressive. I generally only use the high beam mode to show off to my non-flashaholic friends (they are so easily amused). Get one! I don't think you will be disapointed.

If I could only keep one of my lights, the L2 would be the one...

rifle59

Newly Enlightened
My L2 is great. The low setting is good for pretty much everything but the high really "floods" the area. Get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Al. If I could start over I would trade my E2E, KL1 KL4 L1 A2 lights for more L2's.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another vote for the L2. The longer I have it the more I appreciate its performance and features. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the L2 would be my first Surefire but the thought was only brief after reading the reviews on it. It's runtime on high mode is poor IMHO and the heat issue is definitley an issue with me, maybe no one else which is fine but for me it is... Other than that cosmetically it appears to be a fine torch...

Bravado

Newly Enlightened
I used to own an L2 but found the length to be a little long for an EDC so I went back to carrying an L1 and am much happier with it as an EDC.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
i think the L2 is great

for me, its hard not to press for the high beam (even though low is enough) since you know its there and its so bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i have to agree that the L2 is just a little too long and i never got the chance to carry it since i have many other choices (for size or brightness for different circumstances).

but if its your only light, i say go for it cause the 2 stage will save you batteries in the long run.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light!

Have had mine about a month and a half now, it's seen regular use around the house (and a few trips out, primarily to see how the unenlightened people out there react to it!), and I'm still on the first set of cells. It just lasts forever on low, while still providing more than enough light for near-middle distance tasks.

To me the size is just right in the hand, and the machining is typically Surefire - i.e. Perfect.

M

MeridianTactical

I still have my L2 + Free shipping and battery special... See My CPF Sale Page

Great light, and no complaints!

CPF Sale Page

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened
It's the best light I've ever owned. I bought an E1e for EDC, but now it just sits until I think it's been neglected enough to play with it. L2 size and throw are perfect for me. LIghts up almost my entire back yard where I want to see. Best $165 I have ever spent.

Heck I would say anything by Surefire is worth buying!

I found the E1e for 50 bones tax free, so I couldn't pass up that deal. That is how it all got started.....