New switch assembly for MiniMag AA??

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Like an idiot, I broke the switch assembly( the part that the prongs of the lamp go into). I've gone to the Maglite website and they gave me a few parts dealers, but each place is going to charge so much for shipping, I might as well buy a whole new MiniMag. (I've found the part as low as $1.80, but shipping is a minimum of $6.00.) I've tried locally, but in my area, no one carries the part.
Should I just throw away the whole thing?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with former mag user. we both detest the mags right? a post on a standard mag switch is nearly a waste of a thread (no offense) but if you really dont want to let go of that mag, buy a sandwiche drop in bulb replacement or something. why worry about a mag? if you really want to stick to the mags, then get a new one.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Yeah, there are also a lot of dropins for your mag if you really do want to stick to it. The good ones are rather expensive though, you are better off buying an Elektrolumens.

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
I have no great love for the Mag, but I guess I'm feeling ultra-frugal and didn't want to just throw it away. Thinking about it though, it was only like $9.
Thanks for everyone's opinions.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a good sandwich for it. I had an old Minimag that my dad gave me with a broken switch, and I dropped a Lambda SMD pill in to give it some new life. Super cool, plus it's not so radical looking that people would want to *borrow* it, like they do my Surefires. .

notrefined

Enlightened
with a minimag about $7 at walmart, there's really no point in replacing a switch assembly- hold onto the body though, maybe you'll find a use for it

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Argent60,

The switch gets replaced when they are modded for dat2zip's LED conversions. If you're in the states, PM me with an address and I'll give you a couple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Being a packrat, the pleasure is mine. (Like, I was going to do something with them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif )

Larry

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Tvodrd - Got the switch/lamp assemblies today. The MiniMag is operational again. It doesn't happen very often, but every now and then I cross my path with someone who's generosity is surprising.
Thanks again and happy holidays.