2C M@G Mod Bulb?

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I am currently modding a 2C m@g with the 3x123 configuration. I bought some Energizer bulbs that said 6V on the package and the bulb says 4.8V. What's up with that. I decided to look at the bulb after my first bulb blew when I turned the light on.

One more thing, I was reading over past threads on this mod and it is said to use a Radio Shack 6V bulb, isn't 3x123's 9 volts?!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pick several KPR-112 bulbs at RadioShack they will last close to the life of the cells give or take a little. Mine blew just about evertime after some use and fresh cells were put in.

Later
Kelly

davidra

Enlightened
Two other alternatives, but they'll cost $6-8 unlike the $1.39 for the KPR-112...one is the Ikelite PC-a bulb and the other is the GH-24 from Reflectalite. You have to order it from the UK, but they take Paypal and ship pretty quickly. I ran both of those side by side and didn't see much difference at all, although either should last considerably longer than the RS bulb. It's a great mod.

Timson

Enlightened
Wouldn't a 6 cell Maglite bulb (Magnum star...Xenon)be a good option for 3x123's.
Bulb ought to have a good life span, plus I believe they have a certain amount of inbuilt pre-focus to intensify the spot further.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I just got back from buying a 5 cell Magnum Star and it blew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Try a kryton whitestar, xenon doesnt like overdriving too much. Whitestar is much cheaper too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

theepdinker

Enlightened
ACE hardware PR18. Very nice, bright white & I haven't flashed one or gotten short life from it.

Theepdinker

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll see how they work out. I'm hoping to go to Rat Shack and get some bulbs today. See how the KPR112 works.