Would a Peak be any good at using "drained" batts?

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Would a Peak be any good at using \"drained\" batts?

I have a Mckinley Collection 7 LED flashlight, and I was wondering if it would be any good for using batteries from a Surefire G2, I know that the Inova X5 is supposed to be good for that, but how about the Peak? I know it's regulated, but I'm not sure if that would make it worse or better for this.

Thanks for any help.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Would a Peak be any good at using \"drained\" ba

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a McKinley yet. I use an X5T for 123 batteries and Infinity Ultras for draining AAs.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
Re: Would a Peak be any good at using \"drained\" batts?

It would probably help but from looking at the curve on the pack, a drained battery will not be as bright as a fresh one but it should be much brighter than an nonregulated light (I think).

J

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Would a Peak be any good at using \"drained\" batts?

[ QUOTE ]
dagger10k said:
I have a Mckinley Collection 7 LED flashlight, and I was wondering if it would be any good for using batteries from a Surefire G2, I know that the Inova X5 is supposed to be good for that, but how about the Peak? I know it's regulated, but I'm not sure if that would make it worse or better for this.

Thanks for any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll work. But if you want to drain every last drop out, its probably not the best light for the job.

Mark

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the replies. Would the X5 be good for draining every last drop?

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whats your goal? Seriously, CPFers are just a bit crazy and with CR123As costing around a buck a piece, we're talking about one or two pennies worth of 'juice'. Its not something that normal people need to worry about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened

I think that I'm rapidly becoming abnormal, largely thanks to you guys. Now I think I need an X5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Freedom1955

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
dagger10k said:
I think that I'm rapidly becoming abnormal, largely thanks to you guys. Now I think I need an X5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Your not alone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif